A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eugene Carragee:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eugene Carragee is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eugene Carragee, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Back Pain
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Fusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Carragee graduated from Stanford University. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Carragee has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carragee accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 10 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Eugene J. Carragee practice?
Dr. Eugene Carragee practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine near Redwood City, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Stanford, CA and Palo Alto, CA.
See Redwood City Orthopedic Surgeons.