inactive

Eugene J Carragee MD Patient Reviews

no change

September 5th, 2016
Great doctor and person
Dr. Carragee did 2 surgeries for me. My neck and my lower back. Both were big surgeries. They were tough. He made it ok. These were 16 years ago. I have been pretty good ever since.

April 15th, 2012
Very successful spine surgery
I was fairly badly disabled with spondiolisthesis, two ruptures discs andpressure on the foraminal nerves. I could not stand without support for more than a few minutes. Dr Carragee fused the S1 L5 L4 vertabrae, decompressed the foraminal nerves and inserted hardwarewhich keeps everything in place. THe day after surgery I stood up straight again free of pain. I was a new man. I followed his directions religeously and recovery was quite rapid. It is very important to walk as much as you can within your zone of comfort.Stanford gets high marks from me for pain care but the nursing care was very deficient.There was not much response to that buzzer, and at night, well good luck.It has been six years since, and I have had no problems associated with that surgery, and I confidently recommend him.Remember, you will have a repaired back, not a new one, which will last if it is not abused. Don't twist!

February 21st, 2012
Excellence
Had a previous doctor who was terrible. Due to this previous doctor's incompetence, I was left partially paralyzed (think numb not crippled). Dr. Carragee diagnosed me and recommended immediate surgery. Although the issue repeated itself less than 3 months later, (a very uncommon result) I can not speak higher than I can of Dr. Carragee. I have been fully functional and in no pain for the last 10 years.

June 13th, 2011
The best !!!!!
The best doctor. He fixed my neck and 2 years later my back. They both have been great since. The back was a difficult surgery. I am very pleased with everything he has done for me and in the manner in which he and his team performs. A very smart and caring doctor.

November 9th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Carragee saved my elbow after a nasty fall off of a horse. My elbow had dislocated and it was a total dislocation. I fell in some very bad manure and dirt and the stuff got into my elbow as I had a ruptured joint capsule. Dr. Carragee was able to after two surgeries put me back together with no long term effect. I followed his orders and am thankful that today I have full use of my right arm. Thank You Dr. Carragee.

September 16th, 2009
Dr. Carragee made me feel very comfortable. He took time to answer all my questions. He was able to give me answers that I didn't get from my treating surgeon. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking cervical spine injury treatment.:)