Dr. Eugene Kaplan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

June 23rd, 2016
The way this office runs is a disgrace!! Wait time is consistently over 2.5 hours!! No consideration for others' time!!

June 20th, 2016
patient
Worst doctor ever. He does not listen to the patient. When my insurance refused to pay for an injection in one area, he suggested we try another location. I asked would I get an injection in my lower back (l spine) for neck (c spine) pain. He looked at me like I had three heads. I have worked within the medical field for years . I am no dummy. I would never go back. He is consistently late and all about the all mighty $$$$.

June 2nd, 2016
Treated like a farm animal
My 1st appointment, the doctor spent a lot of time and I felt hopeful. That was over on the 2nd visit. I requested the 1st appointment at 9am so I could go to work but sat there with 7 other people, also scheduled for 9am! Kaplan was, per to his own staff, chronically late and often straggled in the office after 10 am, so you sit there waiting with about 20 people for him to show up. After 1-2 hours, you're shuffled in & out for these "shots" -- it's like a shot assembly line. If you show pain during the shot, he's irritated, as if you're a baby. Afterward you're shown the door. If you tell him the last shot had NO effect, he gets mad and acts like you're an idiot. I wanted to work, not sit on disability and pay him for "shots" so I went elsewhere for treatment. Many of his staff are also uncaring.

February 3rd, 2016
Do not go to this dr
I should have looked up his reviews before I went. Worst appointment I've ever had. I got there 15 mins early, my appointment was at 9:45, and I wasn't seen until 11:45. I have NEVER waited that long in my life... Then he's very rude, so I go to check his reviews, thinking it may just have been me, and sure enough everyone else is having the same issues. I will not be returning. Do not waste your time going to his office.

January 13th, 2016
Dr. has the "I went to school for a couple more years then you" attitude. Doesnt want to listen to what you say, only asks questions in which he wants 1 work answers to. He told me he doesnt need to hear my story, just needs to ask these questions. Very rude and would not recommend.

December 19th, 2015
Our Visit
First of all we had to wait and hour and 20 minutes coming from and hour away. Second of all.. I know he needs answers to alot of questions but must have compassion not make the patient feel intimated. I believe we could have got help but won't deal with his bedside matter to get it.

October 27th, 2015
Worst "Doctor" Ever! Do your homework before stepping foot into his office
I went to see "Dr" Kaplan for over a year. He is the worst excuse for a human being that I have ever encountered! Every appointment, I would show up early and would be told that he was running an hour late! Most visits I would spend at least two hours in the waiting room to be seen by "doctor." I repeatedly asked him for help with my nerve pain in my thoracic but he chose to ignore me and told me my pain wasn't where I said it was. I asked for new testing/imaging to be done and I was told "there is no point in taking stabs in the dark." This man tried to tell me that the nerves work upward in the body and that is not true at all, the nerves work downwards. He told me that all my pain came from my lumbar but I had no pain or issues there. He would mock me at every visit and ask "what theories" I had for him during this visit. He told me that my pain was probably due to shingles or lime disease. I was finally able to get free from his office and found a real doctor, one that actually gave me the proper testing and found that I had a crushed nerve in my thoracic spine. This nerve could have been found by "Dr." Kaplan if he had simply given me an EMG which I was denied time and time again because he thought it was a waste of time.

October 19th, 2015
Dr Kaplin is a dr that I no longer will see. Visits are very slow. Appointments usually take 3 to four hours waiting. Worst experience I have ever dealt with. I now will be looking for a new pain management Doctor.

October 6th, 2015
Poor wait time bad bedside manner
I didn't care for the attitude and the wait time. I felt like I was on an assembly line and not cared about at all. Felt like he caused more pain then helped. I would have a 9:30 appointment and I would not be seen until 12 or 1

September 18th, 2015
Look into this doctor before you waste your time going. I spent 2 hours waiting to be called then another hour in the room waiting for the doctor to come see me. He's extremely rude and will make you feel very stupid. Will never be attending this doctor again.

July 6th, 2015
Wait time/attitude
2.5 hour wait time...told this was normal...then Dr. has an attitude and is rude? Wow! Also prescribed a drug that causes brittle bones...bad choice and not the gold standard for my disease which I found out later.

April 24th, 2015
QUACK!!!!!!!!!!
This doctor needs his license revoked. He will only give you a script if you allow him to perform unnecessary procedures. Expect to wait a minimum of 1 hour but most likely 3 hours.