Dr. Eugene Eisner MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 23rd, 2016
Awful experience with facility
It was my worst experience with a medical professional facility I ever had. My wife came there with pain in her right eye due to a bad cold and was referred by our general doctor to see an ophthalmologist. I called our optometrist, and was referred to this facility. Therefore, I called this facility in order to make an appointment, and during the call I asked several times if they should not need our vision insurance information, but they declined and told me that the purpose of the visit will be a medical issue and therefor, our health insurance will be in charge. We did our $20 co-payment for medical examination as required by our medical insurance. Once we got to the appointment, we had to rush to complete the standard paperwork (otherwise you would never see a doctor at all), and then my wife was taken into an examination room doing a vision test. We didn't think about it because we assumed that this is part of the medical examination; the doctor probably would like the strength of my wife's eyes in order to to the right checks with her. After this test, my wife was taken to another examination room, where she finally met the doctor, and he explained to her that everything is okay being part of her bad cold, and will be gone soon. After about two weeks we received an invoice from the facility charging us $264.00, deducting the $20.00 co-payment we did before. I called them, and the facility administrator told me that since the doctor didn't find anything they need to charge the vision test separately, and therefore, its up to us. I told the admin that we didn't want to have a vision service, just came for a medical examination. She referred in a very rude way to the paperwork I signed and said that we accepted all procedures to be done. I told her that we have a vision insurance and in that case they can submit the claim to that insurance. Unfortunately it turned out that this facility is an out-of-net work provider for our vision insurance, and therefore, they reimbursed only $50.00, instead of the full amount. I think this facility has probably great doctors (what I can't really assess), but unprofessional, rude and incompetent staff. I was treated very rude, no understanding of our situation, and we were "sold" a vision test we didn't came for. I call that behavior of the facility a clear deceit and theft of our money. You get charged there for service you haven't even requested. And if you complain, they get very rude and nasty on the phone and send us a collections office without any payment reminder. Patients are there only to leave their money. We ended up paying the bill not to get a record in our credit report. I can only say this is a shame for this profession, and I consider to open a claim in Tallahassee with the responsible professional oversight board for unprofessional practice.

June 1st, 2016