Dr. Eugene Fealk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eugene Fealk?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

March 16th, 2017

The office was pleasant and clean and staff nice. The Doc on other hand was horrible. He didn't listen to anything I said told me he coul,t give me drugs that would help panic attacks He seems like he doesn't really care just collecting money only spent 10 minutes with me . It was a true waste of my money and time. He should really retire and play golf

November 23rd, 2015

Excellent Doctor

I have seen Dr. Fealk for 15 years. I have always found him to be insightful, kind, and always there for me. He is seemingly always in his office and could have retired long ago. I would highly recommend him.

August 27th, 2015

Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen. I've struggled with Depression for 10 years and have seen countless doctors, but I have never walked out in the middle of an appointment like I did with him. He is rude and doesn't listen to anything you say. He just wants to write you several prescriptions for heavy drugs and send you on your way.

April 20th, 2015

He is demeaning.

This man has zero bedside manner. I have been a regular patient of psychiatrists, always taking my medicine exactly as prescribed, showing up promptly for appointments and never missing any. I am courteous and intelligent. I also use medical marijuana and have had a legal card for almost a decade. I am always honest about my cannabis use as it helps me with my extreme anxiety and agoraphobia. Dr. Fealk treated me like some derelict street rat when I brought it up (I am always honest with doctors) and instead of just acknowledging it (I don't expect all doctors to accept it, but at least acknowledge that people do find help from it) this doctor looked at me with disgust and said "So when are you gonna get off the dope" with so much disdain. I never went back and found another doctor that realizes that some people can find benefits, even the federal government has acknowledged that with their own program. Dr. Fealk wrote me off even though I do not do drugs or drink or even smoke ciggs. He just wanted me to "get off the dope" before he would treat me as a person of value.

January 27th, 2015

A departure from traditional therapy

I have to admit after reading some of the reviews on this page I was tempted to cancel my initial appointment. I'm very glad I didn't. I think some of the comments on this page, while the intent is to be honest, are quite unfair. I have had depression for years and have been in and out of therapy. My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Fealk when I was exhausted talking to a counselor twice a month for two years and not feeling like I was making any progress. Dr. Fealk has been very prompt to our appointments, listens to me and has given me helpful resources from the very first appointment. His Mindfulness seminar, that I was very reluctant to take at first, has made a HUGE difference in my life. Dr. Fealk's style may not be for everybody, but he is certainly not a quack. I would recommend Dr. Fealk and his Mindfulness seminar to anyone.

January 13th, 2015

Dr. Fealk has some really good information about mental health and doesn't mind sharing. He strongly believes in mindfulness and teaches classes on this too. I don't love his office staff but they do their job. They aren't very welcoming or friendly.

December 6th, 2013

Worst Dr in 59 years

I am 59 years old and have been seeing a psychiatrist for 33 years. Dr. Fealk is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with. Every session is an introduction, as he remembers nothing about the last session. I went to him as my previous Dr retired. All I needed was for him to continue to prescribe the same medication I have taken for those 33 years. Initially this was no problem, and every time I brought up the desire to try something else he dissuaded me from it. I had to cease taking the medication for a brief time at the recommendation of an anaestheiologist, as I was undergoing a minor surgery. I spoke with Dr Fealk about this and no problem. After the surgery, I wanted to resume the medication, but he refused to prescribe it without seeing me again after having seen me two weeks previously! His sessions with me had usually lasted less than 10 minutes. He asked how I was doing and wrote another prescription. Now he refuses to prescribe the same medication I have taken for 33 years without another 10 minute, $150 session. He really needs to retire. I have heard nothing positive about him from anyone, including the Kaiser Permanente staff.

September 16th, 2012

Why did this man get into psychiatry?

Dr. Fealk has absolutely no compassion or listening skills. Please find a doctor who can handle serious, delicate mental health issues. This man cannot.

March 31st, 2012

Never Been SO DISAPPOINTED!

I found this man to be arrogant and rude. Maybe due to his vainly proclaimed 44 years of practicing psychiatry; my opinion is those 44 years have given him an obstinate dogmatic view without the ability to believe in advanced technology, or care to study current research.His demeanor was intimidating! He has poor listening skills and seemed to have a predisposed opinion without knowing the patient history. Did not understand short QT or long QT regarding EKG. Said what I was explaining to him was over his head. His knowledge of genetic blood disorders that limit which psychotropic medicine could be used by patient was a big red flag. Maybe he just didn't care. Looking for a D.O. (osteopathic/holistic) as he is listed as with my insurance and the net, and referred to me by Primary Dr....I was quite shocked when he rudely informed me that he does not perform any osteopathic procedures, that he is a psychiatrist. To me that means he is misadvertising as being a Doctor of Osteopathy. Why does he have a D.O. after his name? What a waste of time. My opinion of his 44 years of experience is that it is time for him to retire and let some open-minded, modern thinking and empathetic replacement take over his patients. It is my opinion that he is nice to those who acquiesce to his words being the 'All True', and rude to those that have the ability to research, reason and question his rigid adherence to his principles and is intolerant of other views or opposition. Do yourself a favor and save some time! Find someone else. I am.

December 11th, 2011

Best psychiatrist I have ever met

I have been seeing Dr. Fealk for many years and have no qualms at all about recommmending him to others. He has literally saved my life on more than one occasion. I have met with numerous other psychs both in and out of hospitals and he is most definitely the best who has ever treated me.

October 11th, 2011

Apparently by his actions, a Doctor Of Osteopathy is not a real Doctor. You must get this license from sending in box tops. Very arrogant, unknowing, uncarng. The office is even worse to deal with. If you don't have issues before seeing him, you will after!

September 3rd, 2011

Avoid This Quack At All Costs!

This doctor should have his license revoked! He has a huge ego, is comparably arrogant, has no feelings towards a patients opinion and has had other d ...