Infectious Diseases

255 W Spring Valley Ave
Suite 200
Maywood, NJ 07607
201-343-2778
Locations and availability (2)

|  Dr. French is a God-send!  |  show details
by Louana on Dec 16th, 2013

Walking in to Dr. French's office was in another desperate attempt to find answers. I had been walking in and of doctors offices for years trying to figure out why I always felt sick. Yes, I waited a while to see the doctor but I had no idea how worth the wait he was! Dr. French is a kind, caring, and truly exceptional physican. He took the time to really investigate, and get to the bottom of things. When I left his office after my first visit, I left with hope which was something I hadn't felt in a long time. When I started iv treatments, I was nervous. Each person in his office assured me that everything would be alright and they made me feel 100% comfortable. Ron, who does the infusions is above & beyond what any nurse should be. I will never forget Dr. French stopping in during an infusion to see how I was doing. When I told him how incredible I was feeling I saw him light up with genuine excitement. He is by far the best doctor I have ever seen.

|  Place takes forever  |  show details
by NG on Aug 20th, 2013

Sorry but the average wait time at this office is not 8 or 12mins. It's actually closer to 45mins to and hour. You walk in and no one is waiting in the waiting area an you're think great no wait this time. But then you're sitting there for at least 45mins before they come to get you. The funniest thing is there's a sign in the office that says "Please adhere to your appointment time." I want to turn it around so it faces the nurses and edit it so it says "Please adhere to your PATIENTS appointment time." Also once I was at this office for over 3hrs when it shoul have been only an hour all together. Also while waiting for lengthily times patients walk in the office and are taken right away which makes no sense at all to me because I've been here for over an hour!!! Please do not come to this office. Find a different doctor.

Mar 26th, 2013

The staff (Doreen and Maryann) were rude, obnoxious and arrogant.

Mar 26th, 2013

I am a curtious and polite gentleman and behave accordingly. The staff (Dorene & Maryann)are incredibly rude, arrogant and obnoxious! I have never been treated in this manner by any doctor or office staff.

Feb 20th, 2013

Dr. French is a PHENOMENAL doctor. He is Brilliant and is the ONLY infectious disease Dr. I'd recommend! We have been to 2 top Drs. and 2 horrible Drs. and Dr. French is light years ahead of all of them. Besides, his commitment and compassion is unmatched. I am extremely grateful to have found him. His staff is truly wonderful, every one of them, probably the BEST staff in NJ. They bend over backward and make your life so much easier. This Dr. and Office is an example of how EVERY doctor's office should be.

|  FANTASTIC  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

My mother was in the hospital following a severe stroke and contracted several infections from a long hospital stay. Dr. French was compassionate and explained everything to the family that was taking place. He was dilligent in his follow up and found the right antibiotic course to clear up her issues. She was moved to a rehab facility where she wound up with ANOTHER difficult infection. The rehab staff wanted to transfer her back to the hospital, which would have been very traumatic for her. We contacted Dr. French to see if there was any oral medication that could be given rather than IV that would require the transfer. He contacted the rehab physicians, explained the course of treatment that would handle the issue and no transfer was needed. He did not charge our insurance or the family for this service and even called to check on my mothers progress several times. He was a pleasure to deal with and I highly reccommend his services.

|  Caution  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

Great Person but dont think hes not in it for the money, found out I could have taken oral Levaquin then IV, so why did he have me drive 40 miles each day to take a drug I could have taken Orally? Think twice and ask what drug hes putting you on before having a picc line put in. I just left him 20 days ago and now relapsed and doing Oral which is working just as good. Staff is wonderful.

|  One of the top doctors I've ever had  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

Dr. Eugene French is one of those doctors you pray you'll have should the need arise. Aside from his professionalism and acumen for his area of expertise, it is his commitment, ease and respect for the patient that makes him one of the best if not the best doctor I've ever had. And coming from a tranplant recipient who has been seen by just about every specialty physician there is in a top New York area hospital, that is saying a lot. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Hi gene  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2009

lost everey ones addresses could you get in touch jim/maggie ridley

by Eileen Morrissey on Jun 12th, 2009

As a post open-heart hospital patient I was in great pain and was terrified that something was very wrong. Dr. French was a true life-saver. In a very short time he uncovered the problem and I was back in surgery immediately. Dr. French's compassion and dedication was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I shutter to think what might have happened if he had not been there for me.