Dr. Eugene Goldberg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 20th, 2016
Shame on you, Dr. Eugene Goldberg.
One of the rudest, most disrespectful people I've ever met - in or out of the medical profession. I called him to try to make an appointment, since he is one of the few doctors in my area who takes my insurance. He wasted by time by asking about my history and background, before finally telling me he had no openings, in any of his offices. I asked if he could refer me to anyone else in the area who took my insurance, he said no. Could he not simply have told me at the beginning of the conversation that he had no openings? What purpose did it serve for him to have me recite my entire background, other than to suck up my time and make recount painful events? I called him back to tell him - calmly, unemotionally, non-accusatorily - that I did not appreciate his handling of our interaction. He interrupted me and said, "Forget it then," and hung up on me. I realize this does not constitute a formal ethical violation, but it was incredibly disrespectful and painful to me. I would not recommend that any patients reach out to Dr. Eugene Goldberg - he seems to have little or no regard for patients - and I would urge other doctors not to refer him to anyone. Shame on you, Dr. Eugene Goldberg.

October 24th, 2011
You are lucky if you use him since he is one the finest psychiatrist in New York.