A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eugene Hammell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eugene Hammell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eugene Hammell, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hammell graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hammell has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Clair Memorial Hospital
- Allegheny General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hammell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Eugene J. Hammell practice?
Dr. Eugene Hammell practices Surgery near Canonsburg, PA.
See Canonsburg Surgeons.