Dr. Eugene Heslin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 7 reviews

July 11th, 2015
Dr. Heislin belittled and told me off as he broke the news to me about a difficult medical problem that I would have for life. He was subbing for my regular doctor in an emergency and rushed and confused me. He then wrote two scripts that were incorrect and caused me to drive 30 minutes the next day and the day after that which borders on malpractice.

June 17th, 2015
The front desk staff at Dr. Heslin's are not exactly pleasant. The nurses are great. The wait time can be long sometimes but Dr. Heslin is not the type of Doctor that zooms through your appt. quickly. I understand that he gets behind because he does spend as much time with each of his patients that is needed to provide them with proper care. I've been seeing Dr. Heslin for 20 years and absolutely love him. Would never see anybody else.

July 9th, 2013
@ Ann K Cichon's Response
Ann K. Cochin works there as their rudest & surliest staff member. She's one of their old battle axes, who should've been fired long ago, I've dealt with her also, many times. I can't stand her. She is obnoxious. She and "Lilly" are NOT doctors, do not know the background or experience of that patient, and could not POSSIBLY be able to give medical advice on a past situation that they obviously know absolutely nothing about. Making excuses for their office staff talking loudly, laughing & eating behind their desks, ignoring a full waiting room, and generally being extremely abrupt & being surly IS NOT AN EXCUSE, I don't care WHAT kind of day she/they've had. Dr. Heslin was rude to my mother. She didn't deserve his unprofessional demeanor, she was very polite and sweet to him. They were unprofessional and downright rude. There is more than one legitimate review on here saying similar things. My mother and I have had the exact same experience, so she is completely lying.

February 4th, 2013
In regards to the last review
I'll rate my review of Dr Heslin as i see him as the dr that i have seen and have dealt with for many years. However first i would like to respond to a previous review that was quite unsettling as well as very mis-informative. In response to the post Vitals guest what a joke... First i would like to say in response if you are having trouble with hives, nausea and fever anyone can tell you to go to the emergency room as that can clearly lead to more serious illness and is not the cause for a family doctor to handle. As for the recommending an x-ray technician by no means is that the responsibility of any attending physician. As for the staff they can only do as much as they can you don't know the circumstances around why they might have to eat behind the counter perhaps they had a long and busy day where they were working through there lunch hour and the last time i checked it was not a crime to laugh and joke at work in fact it might be encouraged. Perhaps before we write a review that is incomplete with all the facts we should look at what goes on in everyday life and realize that we are all only human and that we can not expect that the world stops when we need it to. If there is an emergency go to the emergency room that is what it is for if you need a specialist find one yourself this way if something goes wrong you have only yourself to blame. One more note to say yes we all get frustrated when we have to wait but i ask you this would you not want a doctor with a full waiting room taking care of you rather then an empty one. On that note i would like to say that Dr. Heslin i have known since i was in high school and i have since moved away from my home town as many people do however i have recently suffered a loss in my family and when i was sitting in the icu of Kingston hospital Dr. Heslin spent over an hour on several occasions sitting with my family and i explaining what was happening. So to call him impersonal is just down right wrong. I would like to make it clear that Dr. Heslin is not a family member of mine but a well respect Dr. in my opinion who goes above and beyond for his patients and their families and who is full of compassionate.

June 22nd, 2012
What a joke....
Eugene Heslin calls himself a doctor. He never earned that respect, in my opinion. He owns Bridge Street Family Medical in Saugerties, NY. He and his staff were a huge disappointment. It was nearly impossible to get an appointment with him, I have frequently seen his office staff sitting in their back office behind the window, eating, talking loudly and socializing; rarely answering the phone. Usually when I call, I get a busy signal. If they do answer- before you can get a word in edgewise, they put you on hold and leave you there for about ten minutes. They have no concept of social etiquette or courtesy. Judging by their poor communication skills and lack of common courtesy, along with their obvious ineptitudes in running an office, they're quite obviously paid minimum wage. For them, that's generous. His staff is lazy, surly, arrogant, and officious. They act as though they're doing you a favor, not the other way around.I was suffering from a fever, nausea and hives. I phoned to get an appointment with Dr. Heslin and as per usual, got the run around by his staff. Like his office staff, Dr. Heslin was completely impersonal, egotistical, arrogant, and unprofessional.I recall one time in particular, I was early for my appointment (as usual) and I waited for almost an hour in his waiting room. When they finally called me in, there was no apology for the long wait. This has happened every single time that I have had the misfortune of waiting in their office, listening to his staff laughing, chatting, and fooling around in the back office. They're completely disorganized. They never keep anything on file either, they're always repeatedly asking me for my insurance information. Heaven forbid they not get paid immediately.When Dr. Heslin entered, he didn't even greet me or say hello. He just stood there impolitely glaring at my hives as I explained my symptoms. He wouldn't make eye contact. He didn't even bother to order any labs. He just jotted down a scrip, like any uncaring doctor and walked out of the room without even saying goodbye. Incredible!Another time, I had injured my shoulder in a fall at work. I had to literally ask his permission for a scrip to get an x-ray! His staff made me feel completely invisible. I had to call around to find a radiologist. I had to call four places and wait two and a half days to get an appointment with them.When I finally had the x-ray completed, Bridge Street Family Medical's office NEVER called me to give me my results or to follow up. I got nothing in the mail either. I had to call them for a follow up appointment. What a joke. I should have just gone to the emergency room in hindsight, but I wanted to save myself the $500 deductible and figured that since it was during their office hours, that they would be competent enough to quickly diagnose me and take care of it. How wrong I was. Dr. Heslin and his staff have absolutely no concept of professionalism, efficiency, diagnostics or quality care. If I were you, I would seek medical attention elsewhere than Bridge Street Family Medical. They were a huge waste of time. This was bar-none, the absolute worst doctor practice that I have ever been. They're complete hacks.

May 2nd, 2012
We Love Dr. Heslin!!!!!
My children have been going to see Dr. Heslin for 20 years we have followed him from office to office he is an excellent physician he has gone the extra mile more than once for my kids. My daughter was burned as a child he medi scrubbed her arm evey day for weeks so it was done correctly and it was no scars! Hes the best! Some office staff not so friendly

October 20th, 2011
I don't know who wrote the reviews on this page.? It is not the same practice I am familiar with. My family and I have been going for years and recently switched to a different practice. In the past few years everything has gone down from the cutomer service and the time the Doctor spends with the patient. You wait long times in the waiting rooms even with a scheduled apt. In the event that something is seriously medically wrong with you, you want a doctor that is professional and one who cares. Doctor Heslins office is not a good practice.