Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Pediatricians
Center For Allergy and Asthma of West Ga PC
825 Dixie St
Carrollton, GA 30117
770-836-7987
Locations and availability (14)

2.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  greedy,uncaring,lazy  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

Having done my research regarding credentials for a new immunologist for my child ; I was satisfied with what I had read regarding his accolades and experience. However, he showed very little interest in helping my child who was suffering from lesions,allergies,asthma. I was asked to fill out a lengthy patient survey about his meds. Later to be asked the very same questions by the triage nurse. Who showed a lack of knowledge of the medications and needed to be instructed by me where to find the meds in her system under the generic names and abbreviations. Upon Doctor's entry he asked the same exact questions and when he wrote up the care plan he added nothing new nor did he prescribed current medications as he was told I no longer had any meds due to expiration dates. He never touched my child to examine and had to be told to look at him in the most severe areas by our insistance. Giving him the benefit of the doubt since it was our first visit we thought he was being cautious until he received our records from a previous doctor since we had recently relocated. It took a few weeks to get all of the records transferred as many were archived. Dr. Hurwitz demanded them. We gave him 1 month to read them. Returned as our child's condition was deteriorating. Upon return to Dr. Hurwitz he was still unhelpful as he did not even bother to review the very records he asked for and was more concerned about how we located him as a physcian. We managed to get a reference for another immunologist from an unexpected source, a teacher. The new physician immediately called for blood work, thoroughly examined his body. Upon the second visit with the new immunologist we learned that our child's IGE level was the highest that the doctor had ever seen. Doc also identified 2 other skin conditions exascerbating his problem. Our child was determined by the school system to be a hospital homebound student because of how ill our child was. Dr. Hurwitz in my opinion only wanted to sell us allergy shots (which our kid could not tolerate) and didn't want to do the leg work to actually help our child out. It was a hard lesson learned that just because someone is a doctor it doesn't mean that they are professionals who take to heart their oath of first do no harm. If your child has anything more than a basic allergy or the sniffles then in my opinion i would look high and low before ever ever EVER seeing this man.

|  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

Find a different doctor. He does not explain out anything. His nurses and himself expect you to go home and find out what his diagnoises mean! Craziest thing! Go somewhere else.

|  Shady Business Practices  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

This place is only about making money. They will try to talk you into doing unnecessary procedures that are not in your best interest or in the best interest of your wallet. If you have lab work done, they will not give you your results unless you schedule a follow up visit and pay them for the follow up visit. Again, these people are not concerned about your well being at all. You are nothing more than an ATM to them. Please, take my advice and find another allergist in the West Georgia area.

|  Dr Eugene Hurwitz  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2011

Dr Hurwitz seemed very rushed when he came into the room. He didn't wash his hands before greeting my son! He was very condensing about my son's eczema. He wasn't interested in looking at my son's legs which is where his eczema is more active. He was more into prescribing more and more meds/steroids to administer instead of taking the time to get to the root of the issue. He wasn't knowledgeable about my son's allergy report and this was our second visit. Overrall, he maybe a very good physician to others who have the same skin color but for my son and I who are African American he wasn't very pleasant. We will NOT be in his company any longer!

|  A mother of a patient in the Villa Rica office  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

He is very knowledgeable & nice. Staff is professional & courteous

|  Newnan and Peachtree City  |  show details
by mcintoshband on May 8th, 2008 on kudzu.com

The Center for Allergy and Asthma of West Georgia now has a location in Peachtree City. I like that its close by.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com