Dr. Eugene Krauss MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Great Neck, NY

• Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2017
Outstanding, wonderful, caring doctor!
I saw Dr. Krauss after years of both my knees deteriorating to the point I could only walk a few steps then needed to stop. I waited 2 months for my appt and already saw a doctor at Hospital for Special Surgeries in the city. I had my mind set I was going to have my knees done there, but my husband told me to get a second opinion from Dr. Krauss who he said came highly recommended, I'm so glad I did. Dr. Krauss spent almost 45 minutes with me explaining the procedure and how he felt I would be like a new women after. I am 56 and have always been very active but the last few years couldn't do much. I had my right knee done in Sept 2016 at Peconic Riverhead and the left one done 6 days later. I did very well with both, had some pain but nothing I couldn't handle. I stayed in the hospital/rehab for 3 weeks and when I left I was walking with hardly any pain and only needed a cane. Dr Krauss gave me my life back. It has been 6 months and I am doing great. I have no pain at all and only needed a few more weeks of rehab after I left the hospital. Dr. Krauss and his team truly are wonderful. He is a fantastic dr and I am so grateful each day that I went to him. I walk over a mile a day and ride my bike. I have been losing the weight I gained before my surgery. Anyone who needs knee replacement, please go to this truly gifted Dr. Dr. Krauss thank you again for giving me back my life. Also, the rehab team at Peconic were excellent!!!!

February 23rd, 2017
Double hip replacement on 79 year old man
No follow up whatsoever. Dr Krauss said my dad would be fine in 5 days. It's been one month and he is still on his back unable to stand. What kind of money hungry monster does this to a person!

February 18th, 2017
I had a 'Total Knee Replacement' done by Dr Kraus some 8 years ago. I had a year of healing (before the swelling went away) , But now I walk without pain on a perfect knee. I had numerous operations by other doctors due my knee operations in the past. Each operation left me with more pain ...I suffered some twenty years after these operations by these other doctors in daily pain just walking. I was 60 and ready for a Wheel-Chair ! I could not walk a block ! It was time for me to get a Knee Replacement...after my research I found Dr Krauss and made an appointment for the operation. It was one of the best choices of my life ! I have been without pain for the last seven years and walk on a knee that is as good as my natural knee was. I give a five (5) Star Rating to this doctor !!!

February 6th, 2017
Traveled the world
After double knee replacement, I have traveled the world, climbed the Great Wall of China, bowled, golfed, visited 3 continents and plan an African safari. Not bad for a 76 year old lady nine years post-surgery! I recommend Dr.Krauss to everyone.

November 20th, 2016
Not Available for followup, only in office one day a week, only contact with PA, NP or other staff, rarely with physician. Go elsewhere where you get a full team approach.

September 12th, 2016
Dr. Krauss impressed me when I interviewed him for my surgery. He and his team were outstanding from the beginning of the process all the way through. I am 63 years old and I played nine holes of golf 6 weeks post surgery.

May 20th, 2016
Professional , compassionate knowledgeable, excellent and a great doctor with a humanitarian and a big heart.

October 1st, 2015
poor care by doc - pa's are your doctor - bad practice
After surgery, 3 wks, kneee unstable. Got every excuse - hamstring, hip arthritis, stenosis of the spine = "call my secretary after you see pain management" was last reply. "I can't see you every week."

August 3rd, 2015
Very Bad Experience
Dr. Krauss did my knee surgery about 10 years ago. I was in excrutiating pain afterwards and that pain lasted for months. My knee still gives me so much trouble- it locks in place and is painful to straighten out. I cannot at all lean on it. I have a friend whose mother used him and had the same complaint. If he cares so much about his patients, why is it that I never saw him once after the surgery? He sent his assistants who didn't seem very caring. Very disappointed. Would never recommend him.

August 1st, 2015
Had my right hip replaced in 2011. Now having my left hip replaced. Dr Krauss is great and that is why i'm back.

March 6th, 2014
total hip replacement
Dr. Krauss came highly recommended, and rightly so. It has been close to 2 months since my surgery, and all is going well. There is still a little soreness, especially during therapy, but I feel this is to be expected- nothing unbearable. My experience at Peconic Bay Medical Center was outstanding.

May 14th, 2013
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Krauss performed a total knee replacement on my left knee 5 years ago. Now I am going back to him for my right knee. I had to wait two months for an appointment but I wouldn't go to any other doctor. I completely trust him. I had a very good result last time.