Dr. Eugene Krauss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 12th, 2016
Dr. Krauss impressed me when I interviewed him for my surgery. He and his team were outstanding from the beginning of the process all the way through. I am 63 years old and I played nine holes of golf 6 weeks post surgery.

May 20th, 2016
Professional , compassionate knowledgeable, excellent and a great doctor with a humanitarian and a big heart.

October 1st, 2015
poor care by doc - pa's are your doctor - bad practice
After surgery, 3 wks, kneee unstable. Got every excuse - hamstring, hip arthritis, stenosis of the spine = "call my secretary after you see pain management" was last reply. "I can't see you every week."

August 3rd, 2015
Very Bad Experience
Dr. Krauss did my knee surgery about 10 years ago. I was in excrutiating pain afterwards and that pain lasted for months. My knee still gives me so much trouble- it locks in place and is painful to straighten out. I cannot at all lean on it. I have a friend whose mother used him and had the same complaint. If he cares so much about his patients, why is it that I never saw him once after the surgery? He sent his assistants who didn't seem very caring. Very disappointed. Would never recommend him.

August 1st, 2015
Had my right hip replaced in 2011. Now having my left hip replaced. Dr Krauss is great and that is why i'm back.

March 6th, 2014
total hip replacement
Dr. Krauss came highly recommended, and rightly so. It has been close to 2 months since my surgery, and all is going well. There is still a little soreness, especially during therapy, but I feel this is to be expected- nothing unbearable. My experience at Peconic Bay Medical Center was outstanding.

May 14th, 2013
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Krauss performed a total knee replacement on my left knee 5 years ago. Now I am going back to him for my right knee. I had to wait two months for an appointment but I wouldn't go to any other doctor. I completely trust him. I had a very good result last time.

April 26th, 2013
Would Not Consider Any Other
Dr. Krauss did my hip replacement - the initial and after I fell 4 weeks into rehab. Although you have to wait to get your first appointment (an indication of his demand), I had no difficulty making subsequent appointments. On the first visit, he did not watch the clock but rather spend as much time as we needed and answered all of my wife's and my questions. Post-surgery care and follow-up was excellent. If you are looking for the best, you need look no farther.

February 26th, 2013
Med. Mal. Paralegal
Messed up my knee replacement. Totally ruined the quality of my life. His entourage of doctors could care less about you. Staff is distant and unapproachable.

May 25th, 2012
very popular - so difficult to get to see
Dr Krauss is an outstandingsurgeon with a global reputation. As such it is not easy to get a quick appointment. However, once you get to see him he is excellent

February 11th, 2012
my knee is infected
tried for months to get someone to listen to me that i didn't feel well i dropped weight leg was swollen wouldn't bend pain offf the charts kept be reassured it will get better even had mri showed bone loss after a year patella off to the side a bit and a tear. finally pain was so bad 15 minutes with doc in manhatten grossly infected knee i need emergency surgery so much for the wait and see attitude. still hasn't called to tell me how sorry he was for being so dismissive of me and my pain and obvious signs