Dr. Eugene Lafranchise Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Eugene Lafranchise?

September 28th, 2017

Disrespectful

I have never been a patient, thank God. I DID(however) work for the answering service his office in Savannah used. He was on call for the hospital one night. The ER needed him paged so I did. After several attempts, he finally called and cussed me out saying he wasn't on call. Story short, I checked with his office manager and yes he was but again called insisting he wasn't, called me every name in the book. No neurosurgeon ever responded and the patient died. I will NEVER forget his name and how he treated me.

August 30th, 2016

stroke Patient

Dr Lafranchise was right on top of things and was amazing . Very professional and explained everything . We were so lucky to have him help up . Had a stroke got to it quick enough and no Damage from it . THANK YOU !

March 29th, 2015

Retired

Had a rare disease and worked until he found. Was one of first patients found with this disease after it was discovered in 07. I credit him with saving my life. A wonderful person as well as great doctor

March 1st, 2014

Worst Doctor Ever

First off it took a month to "see" the Doctor. I use that word loosely. Once it came time for the appointment the wait was over an hour and a half. I was ushered in to a room with a video chat. That's right, not a real Doctor, but a chat on a computer. The "Doctor" dismissed all of my claims, refused to hear anything I was saying, spoke over me, and generally dismissed me again and again as fine. All of my referring Doctors disagree that I'm "fine." To add insult to injury, I have United Healthcare. They billed Amerigroup, and said I had no referral when I did. The insurance was turned down and now they are billing me $115 for a VIDEO CHAT that didn't do anything but waste my time with a person having the bedside manner of Steven King.

November 2nd, 2013

Does not listen to patient or family. He made is incorrect diagnosis and would not even listen to an alternative

July 22nd, 2013

Spinal problems

After being diagnosed with transverse myelitis in my hometown. I had to see a neurologist. The one that was chosen did not answers my questions. I asked the questions and answer them myself. I asked my nephrologist to recommend a neurologist in Savannah. He recommended Dr. Lafranchise. He admitted me to the hospital and started me on an iv.We did not know why I was falling so much. My neurosurgeion was going to perform surgery on my neck. Dr. Lafranchise wanted a mylogram do. The result showed that a tangled blood vessel in my spine. He referred my to an Atlanta specialist. The procedure was a sucess. Thanks to Dr Lanfrance for his help. Savannah Georgia lost a good doctor when he left.

June 21st, 2013

Several years ago I was referred to Dr. Lafranchise due to numbness and pain in my legs. I was placed in ICU several times and after Numerous test it was found I had a extreme rare disease. Dr. Lafranchise was the most compassionate, professional dr I had ever experienced. Thanks to a wonderful Dr. I am doing much better and living a healthier life.

December 2nd, 2010

Medical License Should Be Revoked

Less than 10 minute review of patient. No tests ordered. No followup appointment. More symptoms. Primary doctor contacts for appointment. What patient?? Should not be allowed to practice as a neurologist.

March 9th, 2010

Never Again.

My husband was there due to tremors and high blood pressure. The initial appointment was with his PA however Dr. LaFranchise came in at the tail end of the consultation. It was noted that my husband's blood pressure was spiking to a dangerous level. While wrapping up the appointment my husband asked about follow-up and Dr. LaFranchise became dismissive but also antagonistic. I find this highly unprofessional and the Dr. LaFranchise's aggressive manner to my husband when he questioned him could have had potentially fatal results. I find it unconscionable that a Dr. LaFranchise would pick a fight with his own patient who is experiencing a spike in his blood pressure that could have led to a stroke. Not only that Dr. LaFranchise's office had my husband drive himself to the hospital. But at no time did they call the ambulance to transport him. He had to drive himself. I find this extremely dangerous for someone who could have potentially had a stroke.I find his rudeness, his temperament and his overall lack of good judgment in dealing with his patients beyond the boundaries of decency.

March 27th, 2009

Very sharp man. Takes all the time needed with me. Answers my questions thoroughly.

February 17th, 2009

Treats people as if they are below him.

Refuses to answer most questions. make snide comments that are of an unprofessional manner.Does bogus tests then charges you an outragous fee,without explaining the results or problem that you are having.One of the worst doctors that I have come across in a long line of doctors that I have seen.

May 25th, 2017