Dr. Eugene Lopez MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2017
BHR done in June 20, 2017
His bed side manners could be better but as a surgeon he did a great a job on my right hip. I read some of the other reviews on him and he does not speak too much but he is very straight with you on what is wrong and how it can be fixed. I do wish he would better listen to his patient even though some of our questions to him maybe stupid or obvious and I agree he need to better explain the process better and what the post-op process will be like. It has been 4 weeks or so since my surgery and I have no pain, I been walking with crutches for 1-2 miles with no pain. My physical therapy is quite well and at the six week mark I plan to go back to work. I may for the 1st week use one crutch but will see how my left leg feels when I get near the six week. The biggest issue after post-op is what can/can't do during the 3 weeks and after 6 weeks. If you go online and see some doctors say after six week no restrictions but start with low impact activities. What I am learning is that everybody is different so listen to your body and if you feel pain stop. Hope this will help others who are having pain on their hip.

June 27th, 2017
Most arrogant dismissive doctor ever!
I saw Dr Lopez with a complaint of extreme pain after arthroscopic surgery (my doc was at a conference). He barely acknowledged my presence, didn't listen to me and proceeded to tell me how intelligent he was. My God...I'm surprised he could get out of the doorway with that big head. He did NOTHING for me except raise my blood pressure.

March 10th, 2017
F from me
Don't listen.....he knows everything......don't let you talk.... sad waste of time....

January 25th, 2017
GREAT DOCTOR!!
I've been going to Dr. Lopez forever! I only have great things to say about Dr. Lopez and his staff! He is always friendly and very helpful! I've had two surgeries done by him, one a total knee replacement. He explains everything very thoroughly and makes sure I understand. He is a very pleasant man and treats his patients with care. He really is a miracle worker!!

January 18th, 2017
Dr. Lopez is a master at his craft of Total Knee Replacements

December 19th, 2016
Bad experience
He is in a rush all the time jumping from room to room, he gives you the most 5 minutes of his time. He does not evaluate the X-Ray properly and misdiagnose.

April 26th, 2016
I'm so happy to be pain free without the previous diagnosis from another doctor for surgery. Thank You, Dr Lopez.

March 8th, 2016
Dr. Lopez is THE WORST DOCTOR,AND EVEN WORSE PERSON ! I had shoulder surgery and I kept telling him there was something still wrong , and he would roll his eyes at me. Sure enough I got rid of this HACK and had my shoulder looked at Loyola. I had to have another surgery since. Save yourself the pain because it will be there for the REST OF YOUR LIFE !

October 5th, 2015
Extremely great Doctor and Kody is a super PA
There is nothing but praise for Doctor Lopez and his PA Kody!!! They know me like a book and have done a super job on fixing me up after my various knee and shoulder problems. My wife thinks that they are miracle workers. After having some problems with Barrington Ortho, I was extremely happy and lucky when my GP told me about him and his staff.

September 25th, 2015
RUN
Never go to this wanna-be. Called 'The Butcher' by hospital staff.

February 17th, 2015
Strong Advocate for Patient Rights
Dr. Lopez is a strong advocate for patient's rights during worker comp legalities.

October 2nd, 2014
I was referred by a friend. I really liked Dr. Lopez. Very nice, thorough explanations. Straight to the point for what needs to be done.