Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
3861 Oakwater Cir
Orlando, FL 32806
(407) 649-7800
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Michael J. Hanken on Jun 12th, 2014

Dr. Melvin, and his staff, are exceptionally professional and courteous. His dedication is beyond compare! With Dr. Melvin's help, my lower back pain has become virtually nonexistent! I have been off of pain meds for 8 years! Thank you, Dr. Melvin and staff!

|  Mr  |  show details
by j chris eades on Apr 30th, 2014

there is no better i my eye's

|  Thankful for Dr. Melvin  |  show details
by Candy B on Apr 12th, 2014

If it had not been for Dr. Melvin, I would still be in constant, severe pain. After almost a year of being told that my pain was from pleurisy and it would go away on its own, I finally found Dr. Melvin. Within minutes of seeing him, he exlpained my symptoms was not from pleurisy but more from internal shingles. No wonder I was living in constant stabbing pain. Since seeing him in November for the first time, I am now able to have a somewhat normal life. He ended up having to implant a spinal cord stimulator into my spine to ease the pain coming from the inter coastal nerve. While I still have bad days and pain, it is nothing like before.

|  Best Pain Dr. in Central Florida  |  show details
by Jeanne on Apr 8th, 2014

Dr. Eugene Melvin at The Pain Center in Orlando, Fl is one of the most competent medical physicians in his field. He treats the pain in every way possible without having to prescribe medications that can complicate your life. If you are looking just for pain medication, you have gone to the wrong place. You are not just a number to him. Dr. Melvin is a kind and caring doctor. I support his practice because he has gone the extra mile to relieve my back pain and make my life more comfortable. He is also instrumental in diagnosing an allergy to blood pressure medicine that I have taken for years. He saved my life!

|  Visits with Dr. Melvin  |  show details
by Sandra Brooks on Feb 28th, 2014

I have seen Dr. Melvin on 3 occasions. My experience was excellent. I was nervous because of the procedure I was there for but Dr Melvin was more than patient and explained everything that would happen. After two follow-up visits it was determined I did not need to come back unless the pain returned. Not only was my pain gone but assured if it did return to call and they would fit me in immediately. The office staff was friendly and professional and helped put me at ease before ever seeing the Dr. I was treated with respect and kindness answering any questions I may have had. I would recommend Dr. Melvin in an instant for anyone who is in pain. Dr. Melvin is kind and considerate plus has patience which is important when his patients are scared. He is an excellent Doctor

|  Fantastic doctor, great staff, they really care  |  show details
by Elaine P on Jan 14th, 2014

I have been a patient for about a year, being treated for debilitating migraines. Dr. Melvin and his staff are on top of the latest technologies, are caring, courteous and truly interested in your well-being and pain management. This isn't a pill mill place, this is a doctor with a practice dedicated to trying to eradicate pain with innovative technologies, as well as good, old-fashioned customer service. I called late yesterday with an urgent need to be seen and they fit me in first thing this morning. I highly recommend Dr. Melvin and his staff.

|  Dr. Melvin is the reason I am living today  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2013

Dr. Melvin is by far the most amazing, brilliant, compassionate, professional, and down to earth doctor I have ever met. He has been treating my chronic pain for several years now and I have never been disappointed by any visit, procedure, surgery, etc. I have never met a pain doctor who will work tirelessly to help you manage and even overcome your pain more than this man. When I first saw him I was completely disabled, in debilitating, crushing pain, spiraling down in depression, and had absolutely no hope for the future. It is because of this man and his commitment to me that today I am able to be the mom and wife I could only dream about. I've even gone back to work! Dr. Melvin has truly given me my life back. My family and I will forever be grateful... Trust me when I say If you are in pain, YOU MUST SEE THIS DOCTOR! You will thank me for it...

|  Excellent  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Melvin by a friend who was a patient of his a few years ago. She had nothing but good things to say about him and now I see why. I went to Dr. Melvin about a week ago because of terrible sciatic pain. I was scheduled for a cortisone shot a little over a week later. I was extremely nervous before the procedure but Dr. Melvin quickly put me at ease, joking with me, and even giving me a hug before we went in to the procedure! I know that my condition isn't one solved quickly, but I now know I am with a Dr. that will support me through the process and help me achieve more comfort!!

|  My lifesaver!!!  |  show details
by Sur R on Oct 2nd, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Melvin for over 15 years and because of his care and treatment I have a good quality of life. I have multiple back problems that cause debilitating pain and he has worked with me to achieve pain control so I can function and live a normal life.

|  BEST PAIN DR EVER!  |  show details
by Jada C. on Sep 21st, 2013

He truly cares about finding the cause of your pain & fixing it! He's creative & brilliant! I would trust him w my life!

Sep 16th, 2013

I called on a referral to this doctor. The guy who answered the phone was down-right rude and inconsiderate. I asked some questions and I guess he lost his patience and hung up on me. Really??????!!!!! Just by the phone call treatment, I cannot trust this place to be professional and courteous. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GOING HERE!!!!!!!

Aug 18th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Melvin's for 5 years and would recommend his practice to anyone that needs pain management.

by Vicki B. on Jul 18th, 2013

I am aware there are many people that do not appreciate the best doctors, but are there only to receive scripts for unnecessary medication. I know I have found the very best Pain Medicine doctor/anesthesiologist and I’ve been to other doctors in the past 17 years and none looked out for my own best interest. For over 10 years I was literally in a fog and did not even realize it, until I found Dr. Melvin….he really saved my life! I did not know I could feel normal and alert. He listens to me, explaining things to me in ways I can understand. He is straight-forward, understanding, caring, and concerned about others’ welfare. He also understands chronic pain. You may not be aware of this, but in medical schools chronic pain is covered in only eight hours. A license in Pain Management is very hard to achieve. His credentials are impeccable. He has restrictions he abides by as he did many years ago. He does NOT condone or supply prescriptions to those not willing to comply with the medical testing necessary to treat his patients and never would. He has been voted “TOP 50 DOCS” in Orlando Magazine for the past two years. What better doctor could you ever have? I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for and hope it’s not out on the streets. Too many people are dying from misuse of pain medications! If you really wanted and needed great care, you missed the very best!!

Jun 16th, 2012

Office staff is horrible. They are rude to clients, they chat amongst themselves while they ignore clients, and unhelpful in general. I went into their office once and suddenly had extreme chest pain and broke out into a cold sweat. They didn't even notice. I asked for a place to lie down and have my blood pressure and pulse checked because something was happening and they told me I would have to wait for a room. (only one other client was in the office in the back - no one in the waiting room) They then left me alone in a room with the door shut for 10 minutes. I'm so glad it didn't end up being a heart attack!!On the up side, Dr. Melvin is very clear about what he can do to help your pain. His procedure performance must be excellent because I have been pain recovered since my outpatient procedure for over 2 years now when I was told it may only last for 6-12 months. Bottom line, that's what I really needed. Not a best friend. So though the staff should all be replaced.... Dr. Melvin is really good at what he does. Relieve pain.

|  First doctor in 4 years of trying who helped my back pain.  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2011

I have been going to Dr Melvin for over 15 years and have had nothing but the best care from him and his staff. He is very professional with a caring manner about him. He tries to relieve my pain without keeping me zonked on pain medications. He had done multiple treatments over the years and I have been able to live as normal a life as I can inspite of major problems with my spine. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for pain relief not just pain medication.

|  Good Doctor, not so good in communicating  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

The doctor knows his business and really works towards making you feeling better. However when he performs his injection procedures he falls short on communicating with you during the procedure. He didn't speak to me during the procedure and kept me guessing when he was going to insert the needle and when he was going to remove it. He should be more vocal on each step of the procedure. He should also have his assistant to prepare bandages prior to the procedure. I was just left guessing too much and that made it uncomfortable for me.

|  great doctor!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

Dr Melvin cares about diagnosing your problems correctly. He wants to help in any way he can. He recommends vitamins and does not want to give drugs or unnecessary procedures. I totally trust him and hope that he does not retire early. He is wonderful.

|  Great Physician  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Melvin to anyone who is experiencing chronic pain. He is a very caring and knowledgable physician and is truly interested in how you are feeling. His office staff is also very accomodating and friendly. I have seen many different types of health care professionals over the years for my condition and he certainly stands out in my mind as one of the best.