inactive

Eugene Miknowski MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 3rd, 2014
best doctor in DC
Dr. Miknowski is an old fashion doctor who relies more on his capacity than in lab tests. He really saved my life once asking me if I had a transfusion in the past after a tons of lab tests concluded that I had nothing. The only problem is that sometime to have an appointment takes a week but it is worthwhile waiting.

November 20th, 2012
I have been going to Dr. Miknowski for 8 years now and he is a truly wonderful doctor. I never have to wait in the waiting room for more than 5 minutes, and after being called into the exam room usually wait about 15 minutes. He has an extremely caring bedside manner, not at all arrogant or dismissive. I always feel that I am getting his full attention, that he addresses my health issues from all the angles, and that he spends as much time with me as necessary. Dr. Miknowski is a very intelligent man who is always up to date on the latest research. If you're searching for a rheumatologist, you won't be disappointed with him!

September 11th, 2011
gentelman or not?
Dr. is not interested in what patients have to say, and he's not nice, too! His staff is rude. All and all, I would say that this is not exactly the kind of doctor you need when you are sick and in distress.

July 7th, 2011
A doctor you can talk to
My dad is a doctor, so I have strong views about how the doctor/patient interaction should work. I would also say that I am a pretty good communicator. I have had other doctors treat me like a widget on an assembly line, but not doctor Miknowski. He listens carefully and treats my concerns with respect. He also is good at advising me about things to watch out for (he is sensitive to my belief that overall I am a very healthy person with a few pronounced risks). For example, when I came in with a repeat case of strep throat, he spent time talking through with me sources of infection, additional preventive measures, the risk of antibiotic resistant strains, and what to do if others in the family had certain symptoms (in our case, go to the hospital). I felt really well cared for. That being said, he is not big on ordering lots of tests, which is fine with me. The downside of his practice is the staff is less than ideal, but I can usually get what I need by being super friendly, and I think things may have improved lately. It's also

April 26th, 2011
Dr. Miknowski is absolutely a wonderful doctor!
He spends a LOT of time with me. He gives an accurate diagnosis. He recommends other doctors when asked. He returns my phone calls.

February 15th, 2011
Referred for 2nd opinion and liked him!
I was pleased with my initial visit to Dr. Miknowski. Although I waited about 25 to 30 minutes to be seen, I was also filling out a patient history form during part of that time. He asks many questions, and seems to listen closely to the answers. He is very easy to talk to, and easily builds rapport. I have not yet been provided a final diagnosis ( my visit was less than a week ago)but was impressed with the amount of time he spent with me and the variety of screening measures and tests he utilized to ensure all possibilities have been considered. Office environment is a drawback, it looks somewhat out of date, staff are few and very busy, but I will take the trade-off. Overall rating is very good choice.

January 13th, 2010
Google it!
I have my doubts about any doctor who tells me that I may have a chronic autoimmune disease, and his response to my follow-up questions is "Google it."

March 18th, 2009
good doctor but stuff ...
As much as I like Dr. Miknowski his stuff just doesn't care at all. They can put you on hold and forget about you. They are just not nice, sometimes kind of rude on the phone and I am not the person who calls all the time with stupid questions. I see doctor may be once a year or less that's how many times I call.Waiting time could be VERY long. But Doctor Miknowski is smart, professional and pleasant.

February 23rd, 2008
Awful rheumy!
I found this doctor through my HMO when I first moved to DC from NYC. I had been diagnosed with severe RA by 4 rheumys and was doing well on Remicade when I can to Dr. M. He decided, after seeing me for 5 minutes, that I wasn't "sick enough" for Remicade and wanted me to stay on prednisone! He was awful! I found another rheumy the next day (ironically around the corner) and was treated well. I have been at that practice for 8 years now, and am still thriving on Remicade. I wrote a complaint to my HMO about Dr. M and he was removed from the doctor listing (I wasn't the only complaint).