Dr. Eugene Silverstein MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry The Villages, FL

2.1

September 10th, 2015
Former Patient
This man is an arrogant bigot who does not possess the skills necessary to be a licensed Psychiatrist. He is quick to anger and aggressive towards patients. He lies in his doctor's notes and tells the patients that he is doing it "for their own good." He belongs in prison for what he has done and how he has changed the lives of so many people. He does not belong in a role where a competent clinician would be required. His clinic is bilking and is ruining the lives of many people and their families. He also seems to be biased against people for their religious beliefs. For instance, you can't say that you are a member of a faith without getting screamed at. He loves to scream at women. I got beaten up 5 times while in his clinic and was ALSO hit with a moving object. He should not have authority in any clinic, office, or government position. He is also an unkempt man. A picture of his face should accompany this profile so that people can see what he looks like. He looks like a man who has never taken a shower in his life. He's a mad scientist with authority in Orange County, FL where he is in charge of the county-based clinic. The length of time one has a job does not matter. It is what you do while you are there that counts. Filthy despicable man!!!!!

April 9th, 2015
PREVIOUS PATIENT
It's many years since I was a patient of Dr. Silverstein yet feel the urge to write, especially after reading other posts. Dr. Silverstein was arrogant and mentioned on two occasions taking offense to something I said (I don't remember the details). My husband was with me both times. We both felt Dr. S. was insensitive to the illnesses of his patients. Subsequently, my health insurance started rejecting claims. Dr. S. was lax in updating his required paperwork. Ultimately Dr. S. had limited or no access to treating patients. It took long enough for Lifestream to start scheduling with a different psychiatrist in the office.

July 31st, 2013
Time to Retire?
After reading the present comments on Dr. Silverstein, its sounds to me that this man one does not know how to run a business, especially if he treats his patients, those supporting his income, as described by his former patients that posted comments about their experience. With 44 years of experience in his field, I think it might be time to retire!

April 27th, 2013
Horrible doctor
So I head into the office and see my doctor dancing very strange.. I said hi sir I need your help, we take a Look at my medical history and he says according to This I'd have to say your an idiot. I couldn't believe How he was speaking, I was shocked! So I stormed out and just wrote this review...

July 3rd, 2012
Rude, impatient, unprofessional & uncaring.
I heard wonders about Life Stream so I decide to make an appointment with Dr. Silverstein, 340 Heald Way, The Villages, Fl. My first visit went well, he was very nice. My second, and last appointment, not so well. It was a 4:15pm and I was running late 5 minutes; I called in to make sure I made the right turn and was told I needed to reschedule because the Dr. was leaving. I explained that I went to work one hour early to finish my duties and drove one hour to get to the appointment. I also explained how my schedule is very tough and I would need the last appointment because I have no care for my autistic children until later in the day. Also, how could he be leaving if he had an appointment with me, how fast was he planning to get rid of me? They offered a 1pm the next day, but I had just explained why I couldn't make it earlier - that's when the Dr. ripped the phone away and, boy what a Jekyll and Hyde moment; The Dr. scolded me and told methat he would not renew my prescription for depression unless I make the 1 o'clock or find a new doctor - all the while I had already pulled into their lot. I don't like confrontations so I pulled away feeling shamed. I told them that this was a horrible and insensitive thing to do to someone feeling despair and to forget me as a patient (I don't thinked they cared either way). My apologies for this long boring post )-: but I needed to vent and was so appalled by this doctor's behavior, I decided to FB LifeStream and they deleted my comment. Oh well, my search for a doctor continues....