Dr. Eugene Stoelk MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 2nd, 2016
I’ve been a patient of Dr Stoelk for 10 months and unfortunately – I am not able to recommend him or his office. He is a very nice person and has very good bedside manners; however, he is not very diligent in his approach to treatment, which ultimately wastes people’s time and money. I’ve been having monthly Clomid cycles, ultrasounds and trigger shots for 6 months and every time he would say – everything looks good, let’s keep our fingers crossed. And every cycle I’d be back to his office, again. After 5 months of this he started pushing endometriosis on me and suggesting an explorative surgery, even though I had no symptoms whatsoever. Finally, I asked him to do an IUI and that’s when he finally discovered that my partner’s sperm count is extremely low. Duh! During our initial consultation we told Dr Stoelk that my partner is on testosterone shots. And this is basically a big no-no during TTC efforts. Dr Stoelk mentioned that this typically lowers sperm count, but he never told us to stop the shots and he never during the 10 months of treatment asked my partner to do the semen analysis. And here we are – 10 months and $2,580 later – starting from scratch. I am so grateful to God that Dr. Stoelk didn’t talk me into unnecessary laparoscopic surgery that he was pushing pretty hard. We are stopping the shots and of course - switching the doctor. Not checking the sperm count after knowing that a male partner is doing testosterone replacement therapy is unacceptable. I am very disappointed in Dr Stoelk.

April 23rd, 2016
Dr. Stoelk helped us to have a beautiful baby girl. He was courteous and professional and definitely the most caring doctor we've ever worked with. He took the time to listen to our entire story, and personally called to check up on us. We feel very blessed to have been referred to him.

January 26th, 2016
He was brisk at times, however he is a great doctor who knows what he is doing. After the implantation of eggs for invitro he prayed with us that the procedure was a success. We now have a daugher

August 21st, 2012
Called me a "quitter"
We began our initial consultation with Gene Stoelk by sharing with him that a minimalist approach was inline with our values, and that IVF was not even in consideration. We are particularly opposed to anything involving drugs or invasive, long-term interventions because it is not in line with our values. We wanted to know if IUI was a viable option for our situation (low sperm count, maternal age of 38 but no other factors) and what was involved with that treatment, so we could make an informed decision. Stoelk did collect data about our health conditions, and then started his "7 reasons for infertility" talk followed by options. Despite all evidence to the contrary, much of the conversation focused on material age and poor egg quality - not poor sperm quality. While he believed IUI (he calls it insemination) without drugs was an option for us ($330/cycle), "he preferred" that I embrace the much more invasive gonadotropin + IUI option ($2500 + $330/cycle). When he continued to describe the therapy as requiring daily shots and bloodwork every 2-3 days, I rejected it as not inline with OUR VALUES and therefore not something we'd consider. His response: "You quit too easy. You're not a quitter are you? Many women have done much more than this to have a baby." (For the record, I am a successful female entrepreneur, so hardly a quitter.)I can only presume his comments were designed to bully me into a more expensive, more lucrative treatment option. His behavior was unprofessional, offensive, and completely out of line.

October 22nd, 2011
Pregnant at 40 thanks to Dr. Stoelk. He's awesome.
Dr. Stoelk is soooo patient, attentive and awesome. He personally called me back with my results, wrote up my treatment schedules, answered my questions, and never made me feel like I was wasting his time. He does all the treatment coordination, and is involved in every aspect of your care. I think he may have spoiled me for regular doctors...I'll be going back for my next baby.

August 5th, 2011
He is very friendly - a nice guy. He knows a lot about infertility and has helped many to get pregnant. However, when my husband I are were going through invitro procedures he overstimulated my ovaries causing me to produce way too many eggs. I got so sick that I almost died. It was a devastating experience for me and my family and I would therefore never recommend that anyone see him for IVF. Ever.

February 6th, 2011
Excellent experienced Physician/Surgeon
Dr. Stoelk is a great physician and surgeon. I had a laparoscopy and he video taped it and spoke directly to me during the procedure. It was amazing to see what endometriosis looked like and how he took care of it. I feel much better.

June 1st, 2009
Dr. Stoelk is WONDERFUL! He is professional, caring and will work with you from start to finish. The only 'con' is that he has a little troll "working" in his office. Ask to speak with Melodi or Cheryl and your appointments will be kept and your experiences will go well. If you deal with the troll, you'll have insults hurled at you and, if you're really lucky, she'll take your blood from you and perhaps find a vein on the fourth try. The troll works on Saturday mornings... steer clear of Saturday AM appointments if possible.

March 23rd, 2009
The Best
Dr. Stoelk is without a doubt the best doctor I have ever been to, there probably isn't many as good and kind as he is.

October 2nd, 2008
Dr. Stoelk is Wonderful!
I first went to Dr. Stoelk in 1996. He is the absolute best!I was 38 years old at the time so we started on infertility meds right away. I got pregnant on my 2nd cycle and had my first child at age 39. I went back to him in 1998 looking to have a 2nd child. After many unsuccessful tries at A/F I finally did IVF and now have boy/girl twins who just turned 3. I had many problems and many obstacles but I was not ready to give up. Dr. Stoelk was very open and honest with me regarding my options and chances. I respect him so much, I only wish I could see him for all my medical concerns! He is very easy to talk to, and never makes you feel like he is in a hurry. I love him!!!

July 7th, 2008
The best
We would recommend Dr. Stoelk to anyone seeking fertility assistance...he is so knowledgeable and is genuinely concerned for and cares about his patients. He also 'tells it like it is', and doesn't create false hope, as ART isn't perfect. We achieved success on our 3rd round of IVF, and now have 12-month old twins! :)