Overall Review

February 9th, 2016
Bad with the Good
Dr. Tan is a good pediatrician when it comes to the common cold. Anything more than that I honestly would not recommend him. When I have concerns of bigger health issues with my kids he laughs at me like I'm stupid and acts like it is no big deal. I feel like he likes routine and gets a little aggravated when I have additional problems I am concerned about. And then when I ask him to refer my child to a specialty doctor just to make sure he would not do it. Also for my daughters blood work he did not call to give me results. The receptionist said "He tells his patients if he does not call than nothing was wrong". So when I ask for the results to be faxed to me I am told that there is a $2 per page fee. (What?! Its my fax paper and ink, why?!?) I understand the charge for immunization and physical forms but blood work that the doctor did not even speak to me about? This is what put the icing on the cake for me. This is my children's health you are talking about. So this is my honest opinion of Dr. Tan. I probably would recommend him for general health issues but anything more than that I definitely would not.

August 21st, 2015
Excellent
Dr. Tan has been my son's Doctor for 18 years. I started using him when my son was a newborn. Now that he has turned 18 we must seek out another Doctor. My son has Autism so I have been very pleased with the special attention the good Dr. has given him. However, I also have an 8 year old daughter who he has seen since birth. We will continue in the security that she will receive the best of care.

November 20th, 2014
Horrible
He was very rude to me and my child. And did not want to lisen to the problems my child had.

October 11th, 2013
Dr. Tan came highly recommended by many local doctors to our family 12 years ago. He has always taken good care of our 3 children. We recommend him to everyone. My husband refers his own patients to Dr. Tan.

June 10th, 2013
Excellent & Caring Doctor
I have been taking my 3 children to Dr. Tan for almost 10 years. He will always fit my children in the schedule when they are ill, and gives parents his cell phone number for after hours emergencies. He has always been kind and respectful to my children. He is very thorough, does a complete examination, and orders appropriate tests when necessary. The office staff is excellent and kind to the children. The office itself is older, but clean and well kept. I am very pleased with the care we receive from Dr. Tan, for both common and more serious conditions. He is down to earth and plain spoken, and I appreciate his dedication to his profession and the children he treats. He is truly one of a kind, and an excellent & trustworthy pediatrician!

June 14th, 2012
LOOK ELSEWHERE!
Office is not the cleanest...best part about his office is his nurse. His chairside manner is not the best-he doesn't seem personable or friendly. And his diagnosis isn't very accurate

November 6th, 2009
Always a pleasure to deal with. truly treats my child with respect and addresses them not just me.Staff is wonderful to deal with!Willing to pay cash to see him instead of using insurance provided Dr. Thanx for being you Dr. Tan:)

August 28th, 2009
Mom
Dr. Tan is an excellent pediatrician. I beleive him to be the best in Lake County.

April 29th, 2009
Did not convey much information as to problem. Quick to change medications with no reasons given.