Dr. Eugene Wyszynski DO Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Plano, TX

3.6

February 15th, 2017
Poor
Tried over last ten days to reach his office. Always phone service.

December 17th, 2015
Knowledgeable and Very Thorough
Without the grace of God and Dr Wy I know I wouldn't be here today. He is very thorough, and makes sure all symptoms are addressed to avoid further complications. Yes, he talks fast and may seem rushed at times, but he is focusing on your test results, and ensuring you get the best of care. Just like all of his other patients. I am grateful he was assigned to me when I needed him most.

December 8th, 2015
After being a patient for quite some time, we requested a referral to a new care provider for my husband. After several calls, he never provided the referral and even went so far as to tell my daughter that we all needed to "stop trying to be heroes" and return my husband to his care. We had to jump through hoops with insurance and used up precious time to get approved to see the new provider (minus the referral) and thereby have visits covered. We then requested medical records be transferred to the new provider to allow for continuation of his cancer treatments. It took almost three months for the request to be honored, but by then, the new provider said the time in between treatments had been drawn out too far, and it was too late to help my husband further. I would strongly recommend you stay away from Dr. Wyszynski at all costs. His direct refusal to help my husband as he sought an alternate care resource demonstrates arrogance. He refused to relinquish control even upon repeated requests to do so. It absolutely breaks my heart.

May 19th, 2015
awful doctor. Discounted my opinion. Wanted to do a treatment even though I told him I preferred another medication (which was recommended by another specialist so no I'm not questioning his opinion based on nothing) terrible bedside manner.

April 8th, 2015
Dr. Wyz is da shyzz.
There cannot be a more caring, competent or complete doctor than Dr. Wyszynski.

August 13th, 2014
not a good doctor @ all
Dr. Wyszynski has the attention span of a Nat. When you try and have a conversation he'll just talk over you, you can never get a word in edgewise! You will get the right diagnosis of your problems, he puts everything off. If you have test done he's so quick to take the shortcut. He'll keep you waiting,and when he do show up it's like a quickie!!! He'll push you aside like day old trash!! I feel he play around with his staff too, much!! Dr. W get your head out of the clouds and listen to your patients, we know our body. Your bedside manners can stand a lot of work.....try listening! Set still and be patient.

February 26th, 2013
Brilliant, Open-Minded and Committed
Dr. Wyszynski is a brilliant diagnostician and caregiver who has humility and compassion. I heard him arguing with an insurance carrier to give someone authorization to see another oncologist who specialized in a needed treatment modality he did not use. I knew at that moment he cares about people and not ego or money. I do a lot of research about my illness. He reads and considers what I find, and will use the information when sound. He is fabulous!

December 1st, 2012
Dr. Wyszynski is one of the few oncologists in the North Texas area that works hard for his patients, body, mind, spirit. He is a very popular physician so you may have to wait to see him. The upside of this is that he is always there for you if you need him.I like that he was trained by M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.

September 7th, 2012
Think he cares but very scattered and hard to get questions asked as he overtlalks and loud.

September 2nd, 2012
Caring Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Wyszynski's for 10 years. He is one of the most caring doctors with deep rooted christian values that I have ever come across. Yes, sometimes I may have to wait extra time to see him, but you have to remember that he may be tending to another patient in a crisis situation. He will always give you plenty of time to address all your questions and concerns and is always available to answer your questions. He will spend as much time with you as needed.

June 14th, 2011
Dr. Wyszynski talks in language you can understand. If I bring questions to my appointment, he is always willing to take the time to address them. His bedside manner is the best. He is always wiling to give me copies of my lab reports and radiology scans. As a cancer surivor, it is important to me that I keep my own home file in case of any emergency which he understands. He does have a busy practice but is always willing to spend the time necessary with all patients.

September 12th, 2010
Does not follow up properly
I had several bright spots showing up on my bone scan. He interpreted these as arthritis. I trusted his diagnosis (big mistake). A year later, I had pain in my wrist. I had another doctor check it out. It was a tumor. I sent a email to Dr. W, no resonse. At a later office visit, I told Dr. W that I wanted to have my foot x-rayed (another bright spot on the bone scan). He told his staff to have one done. They didn't do it. A month later, I saw Dr. W again... he forgot to tell his staff anything. So again I asked the other doctor to check the foot out. Again, another tumor was found. These tumos were showing up on the bone scan for over a year, Dr. W never bothered to check it out.One of the staff members told me that a MRI request had been sent to scheduling. I waited 2 days. Found out they never recieved the requst. So she lied to me. I emailed a letter of complaint to the head Dr. there, to Dr. W. No response was given.If you value your life, don't walk, but run from this place. BTW, they have no organization to report to, so I can't complain about them to a higher supervisor.Fortunatly, I think I found a good doctor to replace Dr. W.