Dr. Eun-Kyu Koh Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Eun-Kyu Koh?

A Caring, Detailed doctor

Posted on October 21st, 2017

I suffer from chronic pain due to bad intervertebral discs in my cervical spine. Pain that is 7x24 which radiates down my shoulder and along the side of my body. Having already gone thru 2 ACDF surgeries in the past 12 months the pain management treatment is an attempt to preventing a third. I never told any of this to Dr. Koh when I met him for the first time yesterday. Dr. Koh prior to seeing me he apparently read through my complete surgical and clinical history on the Northshore University medical system. When we met he reviewed and verified the information with me and asked if there was anything else he should know. He also wanted to know what level of pain relief I received from the injections performed by the other Drs. I described the minimum benefits, so he discussed with me an alternative injection treatment; injection (C6-C7). During the treatment he engaged me in conversation, and inquired how I was doing with the injection. The treatment as expected was with a mild amount of discomfort, but nothing compared to what I feel every day. He took the time to review my complete medical history, medications, prior treatments, his bedside manner and his entire team was excellent. Too early to know the long-lasting effects of this treatment, but I am optimistic and my pain level has noticeably dropped in the last 24 hours’ time; for me that’s great. Thank you Dr, Koh and team.

Posted on December 19th, 2015

Most categories for rating do not apply because he was seen only in hospital at time of surgery. He is excellent at what he does and answered all questions knowledgeably

Poor Methadone patient..hospital shopping

Posted on October 30th, 2012

Last year, I had an excellent experience with Dr. Coh after my recent admission for inflammatory bowel disease. My doctor placed me on Methadone and Dr. Coh figured out it was the wrong medication. I was taking 100 mg and he discovered I had prolonged QT, which I didnt know and I could have died. I was tapered off and placed on other medications which have kept my symptoms quiet. @ Methadone user who wrote the bad review, get help immediately.

Excellent

Posted on September 19th, 2012

Dr. Koh did a great job helping my back pain after surgery. I was on strong narcs but he tapered me off and I couldnt be happier.

non

Posted on September 13th, 2012

i have had several injections by other anesthesiologists and havenever experienced the pain that I developed with this Dr.His touch is brutal and his non caring attitude is worse.Think twice before you use this Dr.

Doesnt know what he is doing

Posted on July 1st, 2012

I was at Northshore Evanston Hospital and he was assigned to be my pain management doctor. He first made an error which caused my medications to counteract each other and I was in pain for almost half a day before anyone did anything. Then he kept lowering my dose without telling me and he does not listen to a thing you say. He just makes statements, doesnt discuss with you or answer questions properly. I am filing a complaint on him.

Posted on August 22nd, 2017