Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Mineola
Women's Contemporary Care Associates
200 Old Country Rd
Ste 365
Mineola, NY 11501
516-663-3010
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  My Doctor/My Guardian Angel  |  show details
by Marie Hagan on Aug 19th, 2013

I am Dr. Chalas' patient since 1997. I was 62 yrs. olc. At time of my first surgery, I was adamant about not wanting chemo. Dr. Chalas explained my prognosis to my family and advised that without chemo my chances of survival were slim. My family convinced me to accept it. Today I am 78 years old. I have lived to see a granddaughter be married and a great-grandson who is now 3 years old, by the Grace of God and Dr. Chalas.. Her expertise, compassion and excellent surgical and medical skills are above reproach. She is surely my Guardian Angel. Marie Hagan, A Grateful Survivor

Sep 29th, 2012

when my sister was dg. w/ endometriod ocarian Ca her Dr. told me I need to see my Dr. as I had endo and might need to consider having my ovaries removed. I had discussed this many times w/ my Dr. who kept saying I was too young. Dr. Chalas agreed to see me, she reviewed all of my surgical proceedures, the videos,as well as the slides and my sister's surigical report/slides. I had written out many questions to ask her which she took to her office while I changed. She had my answers ready for me when I got to her office. She performed my surgery and I have not had pain since. Icontinued w/ fu with her even after I moved more than 150 miles away and she told me I no longer neededto see her but that I could return if there ever was a need to. My only regret was not having known about my sister's illness sooner as she had been misdiagnosed. If we had known and taken her to see Dr.Chalas I don't believe that she would have died at 29.

|  She is the best  |  show details
May 13th, 2012

Experience, knowledge, courtesy, dignity. Professionalism with heart. She knows how to bring this professionalism to her team. They know who to work with people that is going trough this difficult situation: a cancer diagnosis and treatment. God bless her and her team. Dr. Chalas do not sees you like a "disease", she sees a person and her circumstances. I do not think she is rude, she is professional. She is looking for the best options for her patients.

|  Love this women  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

My mother started seeing Dr Chalis 30 years ago for ovarian cancer. She is such a warm and loving person and I thank God everyday for her. My mother- in-law was diagnosed with ovarin canceer last year and doctor chalis has taken excellant care of her. She is a compasinate women. She is always up-to-date on her info. Thank you Dr Chalis for all you do!

Sep 22nd, 2011

|  the very best  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

My 79 y/o mother had a 30 lb ovarian cyst. She was extremely reluctant to have surgery because of her age. Every surgeon we saw said they had to make a full incision. Dr. Chalas was able to remove this cyst through a small incision. She was wonderful in every possible way. She treated my mother like she were her own mother. She spoke with us and gently and patiently convinced my mother she should have the surgery. I din't know they made doctors like this.

|  no sugar coating  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

While I believe Dr. Chalas is a good doctor, her bedside manner leaves something to be desired. She is brusque. I do not sense any warmth. In a hurry to get to the next patient. No hand holding here. Too many members of her staff responsible for your care. Not well coordinated.

|  WHAT A WASTE OF A DOCTOR  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

DR Challas ripped me apart during my recovery period of ovarian cancer.She lacks the expertise to be a practicing physician in all aspects.

|  She is the Best!!!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr. Chalas is a very caring and wonderful doctor. Everything that comes from her radiants to her fellow colleagues and staff. I was under great care when I was diagnosed and great care after my surgery. I am very grateful to her.

|  Saved from catrostrophic illne  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2010

An incidental finding during my hysterectomy was ovarian cancer. Dr. Chalis performed a surgical evaluation and biopsy, debulking.As angynecological oncologist,Dr. Chalis knew exactly what needed to be done in that OR and performed in an expert manner. My post operative period was short and uneventful. I was blessed.... no metastatic disease. Dr. C was kind and sensitive throughout the experience.

Jan 7th, 2010

the best doctor in the world i love her

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2009

Best sharpest doctor I have ever met by far!

|  RN NP  |  show details
by RN, MSN, NP on Jun 7th, 2009

The best gyn oncology surgeon you will ever get!!!! Trained at MSKCC.

May 25th, 2009