Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by PatL on Jun 17th, 2016

She's wonderful.

She's the one and only for me! show details She's the one and only for me!
Dec 28th, 2015

Simply the best! I will travel to wherever she is practicing OB/GYN oncology...she is a true lifesaver!

by Sandi goodwin on Nov 26th, 2015

Dr. Chalas was the best obgyn that I have ever seen. Very thorough and nice, friendly, intelligent.:)

Superb surgeon show details Superb surgeon
by R. Maniscalco-Ornes on Nov 2nd, 2015

Dr Chalas is a master in her profession caring and compassionate. She was honest with us, giving us all the options available. I'm so thankful that I chose Dr Chalas, she took such excellent care of me. I look forward to seeing her as a HEALTHY woman for the next five years. I tell everyone about her, she and her team are amazing.

Aug 28th, 2015

She is the best and was trained by the best.

by R Maniscalco-Ornes on Aug 22nd, 2015

I was frightened,once I received my diagnosis. She was compassionate and took her time to ease my fears. Dr Chalas explained the disease, the procedure, and recovery. I am grateful to have found her, and I recommend her to my family and friends.

Feb 26th, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Chalas.

She is the best show details She is the best
May 13th, 2012

Experience, knowledge, courtesy, dignity. Professionalism with heart. She knows how to bring this professionalism to her team. They know who to work with people that is going trough this difficult situation: a cancer diagnosis and treatment. God bless her and her team. Dr. Chalas do not sees you like a "disease", she sees a person and her circumstances. I do not think she is rude, she is professional. She is looking for the best options for her patients.

Love this women show details Love this women
Oct 7th, 2011

My mother started seeing Dr Chalis 30 years ago for ovarian cancer. She is such a warm and loving person and I thank God everyday for her. My mother- in-law was diagnosed with ovarin canceer last year and doctor chalis has taken excellant care of her. She is a compasinate women. She is always up-to-date on her info. Thank you Dr Chalis for all you do!

Sep 22nd, 2011

the very best show details the very best
Jul 29th, 2011

My 79 y/o mother had a 30 lb ovarian cyst. She was extremely reluctant to have surgery because of her age. Every surgeon we saw said they had to make a full incision. Dr. Chalas was able to remove this cyst through a small incision. She was wonderful in every possible way. She treated my mother like she were her own mother. She spoke with us and gently and patiently convinced my mother she should have the surgery. I din't know they made doctors like this.

no sugar coating show details no sugar coating
Jun 3rd, 2011

While I believe Dr. Chalas is a good doctor, her bedside manner leaves something to be desired. She is brusque. I do not sense any warmth. In a hurry to get to the next patient. No hand holding here. Too many members of her staff responsible for your care. Not well coordinated.

WHAT A WASTE OF A DOCTOR show details WHAT A WASTE OF A DOCTOR
Feb 16th, 2011

DR Challas ripped me apart during my recovery period of ovarian cancer.She lacks the expertise to be a practicing physician in all aspects.

She is the Best!!! show details She is the Best!!!
Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr. Chalas is a very caring and wonderful doctor. Everything that comes from her radiants to her fellow colleagues and staff. I was under great care when I was diagnosed and great care after my surgery. I am very grateful to her.

Saved from catrostrophic illne show details Saved from catrostrophic illne
Jul 7th, 2010

An incidental finding during my hysterectomy was ovarian cancer. Dr. Chalis performed a surgical evaluation and biopsy, debulking.As angynecological oncologist,Dr. Chalis knew exactly what needed to be done in that OR and performed in an expert manner. My post operative period was short and uneventful. I was blessed.... no metastatic disease. Dr. C was kind and sensitive throughout the experience.

Jan 7th, 2010

the best doctor in the world i love her

Best Doctor show details Best Doctor
Dec 5th, 2009

Best sharpest doctor I have ever met by far!

RN NP show details RN NP
by RN, MSN, NP on Jun 7th, 2009

The best gyn oncology surgeon you will ever get!!!! Trained at MSKCC.

May 25th, 2009