Dr. Eva Bartlett MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Stanwood, MI

• Good
  • Bad

November 23rd, 2015
I like Dr. Hecht and her MA, they have wonderful, compassionate bedside manner, but I really don't like what has happened to the practice since Spectrum Health took over. I can't get sick appointments, at all. They tell me to go to the ER for things that are not an emergency and for which the ER would not be able to provide proper care. They are quite blunt about telling me that they don't have time to see me even when the Dr. has repeatedly told me that they will work me into the schedule because of my health issues. This year I waited six months for the first available well visit. Dr. Hecht was so hurried that my medical issues were not addressed, though I did get 5 second cursory exam that resulted in a misdiagnosis. That cost me quite a bit of time, money, and pain. I have serious health conditions that have nothing to do with my reproductive organs, but it seems like now all a physical exam consists of is a pap smear and a breast exam. When I bring up my health concerns, she plows through my questions as fast as possible. I get mixed messages from the doctor and staff regarding my health, my diagnoses, the lab work that is required etc. The staff repeatedly failed to document a serious drug reaction that they diagnosed and treated. I reminded them three times and finally used the hospital's patient portal to do it myself. They repeatedly question me on diagnoses that they made but failed to record. This level of incompetence is completely inexcusable. With the exception of Dr. Hecht's MA, much of the office staff is abrupt, judgmental, insensitive, and rude. It doesn't help that I can hear them talking about me and other patients through the paper-thin walls. I get far better care from my specialists, but I really need a good PCP to pull it all together. I fear that this is the direction all primary care has gone. What's the point?

July 28th, 2013
Relaxed
Dr. Hecht is relaxed, thorough, pleasant and respectful of your thoughts and feelings. She's very professional, while being able to put you at ease during your time with her.

March 15th, 2017