Dr. Eva Mccullars MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

November 21st, 2015
Do not consult this doctor
I expect my thorough follow up on Eva McCullars to be labeled mental illness, but my college education taught me to be thorough. Besides, a published study on U. Chicago brain scans reveal concerns for justice are linked to reason and not emotion. I was initially brought to Eva McCullers for the treatment of problems consistent with a child used as a pawn in her parent’s personal crisis. As a young child I used immature language to criticize my mother as being a horrible person, especially for the type of men she was bringing to the house. Eva McCullars diagnosed mental illness and prescribed cocktail of laboratory drugs and for ten years. During that time, my father would be arrested for molesting my stepsister, my mother's boyfriend from the military would be arrested for having sex with 15-year-old girls and videotaping it, another was a recovered drug addict who had spent time in prison, and another had a brother convicted of strangling a woman. Latter story was featured on the popular TV show Crime Files. My mother herself had a previous drug arrest when she was 18 years old and had spent time in jail, yet my mother was never diagnosed anything serious by Eva McCullars. When my criticisms turned to Eva McCullars, my mother defended her saying, "we are real good friends. " I think my my mothers affection for Eva McCullars was more related to my mother’s interest in crime than for any medical reason. Eva McCullars never stopped treatment or take steps back. In the beginning, Eva McCullars prescribed Pill A. This agitated me, so Eva McCullars prescribed Pill B in addition to Pill A. The problems with the pills and home continued. I exhibited behaviors consistent with trying to regain a sense of control over one's life, so Eva McCullars added Pill C. I continue to decline, so Eva McCullars increased the dose of Pill A with the second pill in the afternoon plus a second Pill B, too. I had trouble sleeping at night and waking up in the morning, either due to two doses of Pill A or normal teenage development issues, so Eva McCullars prescribed a Pill D to help me sleep. In the morning the regimen resumed. I was tested using psychometrics for development issues and was found to have none but emotional problems with my mother, and a blood test revealing no problem with Pill B levels failed to explain continued fights with my mother. I insist a fair description of my suffering as a patient of Eva McCullars can be found, by chance, in the lyrics for Take The Pill by Emilie Autumn; I kept a knife in my bed hoping to gain enough courage to use it on myself and prayed for an act of God to end my life. I began treatment as an honor roll student with a chance to skip a grade, and I graduated with a 1.57 GPA. Once I turned 18 I stopped all drugs cold turkey. My mood improved and my grades in college gradually returned to honors; but the underlying problems did not go away until I cut my mother out of my life, and it would take eight years for my brain to recover from 10 years of disruptive prescriptions and traumas during childhood development. I can never believe a McCullers was ignorant of the correlations. In my case, Eva McCullars put medication above education. Before I turned 18, Eva McCullars supported my mother's idea that I research the diagnosis. I think Eva McCullars thought it would help me to be on their side. I learned the following: (1) scientists cannot identify the cause for mental illness, (2) scientists believe the medication works but cannot explain how, (3) the medication works in a general matter but not specific thus causing side effects, (4) the book psychiatrists use the have been changed over the decades due to new information revealing previous entries incorrect, such as homosexuality being a mental illness, (5) immediate changes in the brain chemistry have been of observed in studies but psychiatrist do not know the long-term consequences of the drugs they prescribe, and (6) misdiagnosis and over diagnosis occurs which can have detrimental effects on patients with the most infamous cases known regarding Rosemary Kennedy and Howard Dully. …I followed Eva McCullars’ advice to conduct research, I utilized skills from college, I analyzed my history, and I reached the conclusion Eva McCullars did not know what she was doing, did not act with foresight, and acted with negligence and excess I am certain caused long-term negative consequences. Eva McCullars’ negligent practice and cooperation with my mother combined with my education taught me to see psychiatrists as nothing more than government-authorized drug dealers. The long-term and permanent consequence stemming from my personal experience with Eva McCullars is I am now resistant to treatment and difficult to treat with psychiatry. I am convinced Eva McCullars violated the Hippocratic Oath and modern declarations on ethical standards. What happened to me should never have happened, and I will never remain silent even if it saves only one child. I wish someone had spoken up for me. If Howard Dully and Sarah Silverman could criticize their psychiatrists without infringement of speech or negative consequence, then I can criticize Eva McCullars with my safety and human rights assured. If any official will confront me regarding my criticism of Eva McCullars, then it should - I would prefer it - only be Adrian Schoolcraft (Schoolcraft vs City of New York). The scariest things from my experience with Eva McCullars is my perceived loss of personhood and learned helplessness: Eva McCullars can prescribe for me excessive amounts of disruptive medications without concrete and irrefutable evidence to support her actions, but I am told I can not sue her for damages without myself having concrete and irrefutable evidence; in this life I live everything is on me, there is nothing I can do. I do not recommend Eva McCullars for the psychiatric treatment of children.