inactive

Evan C Allen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

January 17th, 2016
unable to see doctor since he only sees his concierge patients, you are forced to see PA's who are not that knowledgeable. Front end staff are great and they are the best part of this practice. Wont be going back

March 18th, 2015
Has gone way downhill!
First started seeing Dr Allen about two years ago and was rather impressed however in the last year it has become horrible. My husband and I both have found another doctor. All they care about is getting you in there to bill you for an office visit. They also bought an ultrasound machine and it seems they are looking for reasons to use it in order to pay it off. I pulled a muscle in my back and even though my blood work showed no kidney issues they wanted to do an ultrasound. IT WAS A STRAINED MUSCLE!!! My husband was there for the flu recently and they wanted to do an ultrasound on him too. I swear they are just trying to pay off the machine. They now have a new program that they are trying to sell that if you pay $2000 (even though have full insurance) then you get in right away and certain things like follow ups are not charged. Follow ups should not be charged anyway. The billing is always messed up. I always have to call my insurance company before mine or my husband's appointments and check what should be billed and sure enough, they always get it wrong until I tell them to call the insurance company and check and then miraculously it's covered. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

March 3rd, 2014
Not Happy Anymore
Last office visit I actually saw Dr. Allen. He told me what was wrong with all of the meds and vitamins I am taking and tried to convince me that I should take different ones instead. Kind of put off by the attitude since I just wanted to refill a prescription. Went to get my medicine refill only to find out it was never refilled. Office said I had to come in again to be seen to get a refill. It's a medicine that you cannot stop, but I ended up having to because I was unable to get time off work just to get another appointment to refill a medicine I have been taking for years. Changing doctors.

January 18th, 2014
Long Time Patient
I am (or was) a long time patient of Dr. Allen but have finally had enough and have found a new doctor. Dr. Allen does not care about his patients. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment with him (you always have to see a PA), his office staff makes tons of mistakes, the wait times are long, etc. etc. I used to really like and trust Dr. Allen. Now, I would NEVER recommend him to anyone!

December 16th, 2013
PICK SOMEPLACE ELSE
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR WHO"DOES NOT" FOLLOW UP AND IS IN NO HURRY ABOUT MAKING THINGS BETTER THEN YOU WILL LIKE THIS ONE...YOU AS A CUSTOMER WILL HAVE TO DO ALL FOLLOW UP AS THERE STAFF IS TOO BUSY TO CALL YOU.ALSO BE PREPARED TO BE ASKED TO "COME IN" EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NOTHING TO GO IN FOR.iM SURE THEY JUST WANT TO BILL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY FOR THE VISIT.AND YES IT WILL BE JUST A VISIT BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE WILL BE RESOLVED.ALSO YOU WILL SEE MANY PEOPLE BEHIND GLASS IN OFFICE BUT THEY SEEM TO BE DOING EVERYTHING BUT HELPING YOU.SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN FINDING A DOCTOR WHO IS" NOT PROMPT" AND WHO"DOES NOT SPEND TIME WITH YOU" AND "DOES NOT FOLLOW UP" THEN YOU WILL LOVE THIS PLACE...

July 26th, 2013
MD
Very Poor Physician and Office Run Very BAD Dr Exam my personal area no gloves!!!!!!!!

June 6th, 2013
This doctor is only concerned with billing your insurance company. Has no regard for the patients. I have been a patient for over two years had been in as recently as a month ago. Followed procedure and requested a medicine refill three days before, went to pick up prescription and was told the refill was denied. Of course I went after office hrs so went without medicine called in the morning since this didn't make sense, was advised I needed to come in to get the refill. I advised I had no problem coming in for a visit but need a few days of medication to get me there, they refused to do that. I have read up on the side effects of stopping my medication cold turkey needless to say this is going to be a horrible 4 days for me. So unprofessional and unnecessary I could see it if I hadn't been in for almost a year and they gave me some warning but I was in a month ago and they are not giving me time to come in. Said they could see me today but my work schedule will not allow that. I honestly cannot imagine why they would do this my patient history should show that I always make and keep my follow up appointments. If this was a life dependent medication would they just say come in Monday if you are still alive? Disgusting how they treat existing established patients, I am in shock, do yourself a favor do not go to this doctor!!!!

May 11th, 2013
Overcharges
OMG. If you haven't met your deductible be prepared. He charges way more than what should be charged in our area even for just office visit. I checked. My insurance specifically says NOT to pay anything at the time of any office visit. I told them this and they made me pay co-insurance anyway. No other dr. ever took money from me at the visit. My insurance even sends me a card to show to office to let them know I do not pay anything until after it goes through insurance. Anyway, it seems it is all about the money here. Dr. has personality of a wet napkin. Will never go back.

January 19th, 2013
Horrible office staff
The office manager is probably one of the worst examples of a human being on the planet. Her billing staff misquote you over the phone and then when you get there refuse to see you when you don't have 2-3x the payment that they first quoted you. On top of that the manager is very facetious when you complain about this, tacking on a $25 cancellation fee and then stating, "well do YOU want me to ASK the doctor to pay for it?" She did the same thing for my husband months earlier as well, when his card was stolen and there was a dollar amount of $5 difference. Very rude and uncaring staff, and I am going to now refer people against this office due to their staff. The medical expertise is pretty good, so it sucks that they are ruining it by mistreating customers who have been going there over two years.

September 28th, 2012
Wonderful, caring exceptional physician
Dr. Allen is by far one of the most caring, professional yet pleasant, physicians I have encountered in quite some time. Due to my controversial, yet chronic, pain issues I found his non-judgmental, open and honest attitude refreshing. I feel blessed that Dr. Fabito immediately referred me to, in my opinion, a very special knowledgable physician known as Dr. Allen.

May 23rd, 2011
Dr. Allen is an amazingly thorough doctor. I have recommended him to three of my friends. They all use him and thank me for telling them. He spends as much time with you as you need. When you leave he gives you a printout of your test results and what you discussed and what the follow up will be. And importantly, he is extremely knowledgable.

May 17th, 2011
CRAPPY OFFICE STAFF!!!
I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to anyone! I called and the receptionist was unprofessional. The way she talked to me was as if she was talking to a friend. It would be more appropriate if I've been there before, but I was a new patient. Dr. Allen himself was great! But with that kind of office staff, it's not really worth it to me. The reception area was so messy with paperwork everywhere! What if they lose someone's paperwork with all their personal information on it and it ends up in the wrong hands? SCARY!!!