Dr. Evan Ballard MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Hudson, WI

August 9th, 2010
Top Notch Doctor
I was born with a very rare genetic eye disease. Originally it was diagnosed as retinitis pigmentosa primarily because it presented with night blindness. It was later found to be a very rare eye disorder known as congenital stationary night blindness type one. In addition to night blindness I have a myriad of other symptoms including severe myopia, astigmatism, bilateral strabismus (esotropia in both eyes), lateral nystagmus, and amblyopia of the left eye among other things. Dr. Ballard preformed bilateral medial rectus resection and re-implantation surgery to correct my esotropia in both eyes leaving me with a very slight lingering esotropia in my left eye, this is a very good outcome for this surgery considering how bad my strabismus was originally. In addition to preforming surgery on me I have been seeing Dr. Ballard twice a year for the last twenty years. I would not recomend another doctor to take care of children affected by eye disorders. Even in my case, having a genetic disability that Dr. Ballard, nor any other doctor in has practice, had never seen before and has never seen since my diagnosis in 1990, Dr.Ballard did everything he could to mitigate the debilitating effects of my disease. I am sure that another physician could have done as good a job but I am confident in saying that no physician could have done a better job. I will recommend him to anyone who asks.

October 8th, 2009
Dr Ballard is exceptionally good with children! He knows exactly how to motivate, distract, entertain, and get all the tests done while your child thoroughly enjoys the experience. He is thorough, quick, has a great sense of humor, and is the ultimate professional.