Dr. Evan Black MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

May 26th, 2016
Worst excuse for a doctor on the planet. Said there was nothing wrong with me. Just having strokes. I have Myasthenia Gravis. He did a spinal tap that left me with pain for several months. Told same thing to another patient whom I have met while getting IVIG. Luckily our spouses were at the office appointments to hear his ridiculous comments. Don't know how he ever got a medical license. I should have reported him to save other people from being damaged by him.

January 4th, 2016
speechless
I was recently seen by Dr. Black for a nerve conductance study. He has zero communication skills. I left knowing nothing more than I knew when I arrived. I asked him a couple of questions to which the answers were insufficient. He didn't explain anything and for a diagnosis he basically read the MRI results I brought with me. This was a complete waste of my time and money. I asked for the results and was denied because I "wouldn't understand them." I still have no results. Unfortunately, when looking for a doc to do a EEG/EMG, he was the only one I could find. Turn and run! My partner said he would not have believed it had he not seen it.

October 20th, 2015
Dr Black took the time to help solve my headaches after 1 year with another Dr who didn't help
I needed to call Dr. Blacks office today for a quick question. I looked it up online and this website came up. I was shocked to see Dr. Black with such low reviews. I can't say enough about what a wonderful Dr he is. I saw another Neurologist for over who did nothing but want to medicate me to help with the pain. A physician friend recommended Dr. Black as an expert in his field. I was thrilled with the experience and immediate relief. He took me off all of the medications and started me on physical therapy. Within a few months my headaches were down to one or two a month instead of one per day. In addition I've stayed off the drugs and now only experience a headache every now and then. I've been back to see him a few times since and he is consistent with his care and treatment. He takes his time to read all of the medical history before making suggestions. This could come across as cold, but its only him taking the time to understand what is going on with my body. Don't know what the negative reviews experienced but I can't imagine anyone not being pleased with his level of knowledge and service.

October 15th, 2015
He is not a very good doctor!!!! His diagnosis was so off that I got a second opinion and that doctor couldn't believe his diagnosis. I highly recommend seeing a different doctor. There is a reason that he is so easy to get into...

December 9th, 2014
Pleasant Experience
Dr. Black was the first doctor who gave me information that was useful. He asked questions and listened to my responses with concern. He didn't dismiss anything that I was saying. He gave me suggestions to help ease my symptoms, but ordered an EMG to ensure that there wasn't anything more going on. I also appreciated that I didn't have to wait forever in the waiting or exam room. He and his staff were both very welcoming and I felt at ease during my appointment.

March 25th, 2014
seemed quite competent
I suppose it took about a month to get an appointment but that's probably par for the course. He seemed competent and followed up following some tests.

August 19th, 2013
Dr. Spock
I saw Dr. Black with some trepidation after reading bad reviews about him online. My expectations were confirmed by his emotion-less personality and dismissive attitude. I would compare his bedside manner to Dr. Spock's from Star Trek. No empathy, no emotion, no personal interest. He ordered an EMG test and his secretary said he did the tests himself and I would have to wait two months for his next available appointment. So I waited...and waited...while my symptoms worsened and I worried about not having any answers and having to wait so long to just get ONE test done. Then I found out that he could have ordered the test done at any hospital and I would have had the results that week. I was so disgusted by it that I canceled my appointment with him and am waiting to see a different neurologist...one who came highly recommended. I would not recommend Dr. Black to anyone.

July 29th, 2013
Awesome!
When I first went to Dr Black, I was on 500mg of various different preventative migrain meds and I was still having migrains 4 times a week. Dr black took me off all but 100mg and told me that they all did the same thing, I didn't need all of them. I started sobbing in his office because I was terrified of what would happen if he took all of my meds away. He referred me to a physical therapist to help with my neck pain( that was aacting as a trigger for my migrains). I thought you have got to be kidding me, a physical therapist? I was so happy to be completely wrong. I learned excercises that took my migrain count down from 4-5 to 1-2. I don't worry anymore about having to increase my dosage because it's no longer working. If my migrains act up, I'm probably doing my exercises wrong and I need to go back to my physical therapist for a refresher course. Dr Black changed my life and I will always be grateful.

October 18th, 2012
He did an EMG on me, and then it wasn't even done right. I ended up going to the U, and they got completely different results without shocking and poking as much as he did. Then I did some checking, he isn't even fellowship trained or board certified in EMG. I don't think he should be doing EMG's, they are out of his league.

March 3rd, 2012
Dr. Roboto
My father went to this guy for a small brain tumor. Before this visit my father was walking and working out. Essentially This Dr. tells him there is no hope and will eventually be in a wheel chair. Nice beside manner! Immediatly after this visit he started feeling as though he was right and stopped all of his walking and workout routines. Ah the power of the mind! This guy is a classic example of the unhealed healer. Do not let your family members go to this guy.

February 6th, 2012
Test results???
He sits on the test results. When you call his staff will confirm that they have the results but they can't tell you anything, he will have to call me back. When I asked when, the answer I got was sometime next week. So am I just suppose to pray I don't have a stroke while waiting for a follow-up call? Not acceptable care

August 5th, 2011
Dr. Black was very efficient in getting a diagnoses for my son's problem. He has continued to provide helpful advice and service years after the initial diagnoses.