A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Evan Ekman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Evan Ekman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Evan Ekman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Postoperative Pain
Education & Awards
Dr. Ekman graduated from University of Kentucky , Lexington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ekman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Palmetto Health Baptist
- Palmetto Health Richland
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ekman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan