3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Choose Dr. Julian Wan show details Choose Dr. Julian Wan
Apr 22nd, 2013

My son had a hypospadias. I met with two doctors; Julian Wan and Evan J Kass. When trying to make an appointment with Kass, the office staff was completely rude. When I finally met with Kass, he was a complete a$$ – he was pompous, rude and told me “I’m not going to even answer that” when I asked a specific question on the procedure he was to perform. Julian Wan was the complete opposite. He drew a diagram for each part of the surgery and answered EVERY question. He was always patient, kind and sincere during every consult. The surgery took place at Motts Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor. The whole facility made my husband and I feel like we were VIP; as if our child was the highest priority item on their list. When our son went back for surgery, the hospital gave us a cell phone and a nurse contacted us (from the surgery room) when it started, updated us half way through, and let us know when the procedure was almost over. After the surgery, Dr. Wan met with us to explain what he did, how the surgery went, care, medications, and to call if we had any questions. He provided us with a packet of information that included everything he drew and discussed. When we began to care for our son after the surgery, were able to get in touch with a nurse immediately pertaining to any questions we had and were even able to talk with Dr. Wan when needed! It is now four months after surgery and everything is great!

Jun 12th, 2011

Dr Kass has cared for several of my family members over the past 10 years and one of my friends children. He is a very caring physician and I would recommend him without reservation.

May 24th, 2011

I took my child to another pediatric urologist in the area who performed surgery on my child that resulted in many complictions. Dr Kass was reccommended to me, re-operated on my child, fixed everything and now she is just fine. I can not say enough about the care that he provided.

Would NOT recommend show details Would NOT recommend
by CAR on May 24th, 2010

My daughter did not present with typical symptoms for a kidney infection, although she was obviously very sick. Because she did not have a UTI, Dr. Kass insisted there was no way she could have a kidney infection, and sent us home, telling us to come back in 6 months for a check-up. This, after waiting 3 months for an appointment. Luckily, I trusted my instincts and not Dr. Kass, and took my daughter to see Dr. Wan at U-M. She was put in Mott Children's Hospital, and spent three days there before the kidney infection was gone. She does have some permanent kidney damage now (which may have been avoided if Dr. Kass had listened to us and diagnosed her correctly), but thankfully she still has some use of that kidney. I would highly recommend Dr. Wan, though!