Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  show details
by Jolie deCastro on Oct 14th, 2013

This doctor is not a pill pusher. I have been going to his office for years due to pain from a car accident in 2003. I have asked several times for an increase and he discusses the pro's and con's of an increase and basically lets me decide if I really want to increase my meds. I have not had an increase in the medication I am now taking for over a year and yet my pain level is more than bearable. At times my pain worsens and this doc offered me more options for pain control, which I am currently looking into. This is the first pain management doctor who helps ME decide what works best for ME. The office is nice, the staff great, and Holly works hard to get insurance coverage, problems corrected timely. I rate this doctor a true TEN.

|  Typical pain management pu**y  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2013

This DO is a typical pu**y pain mgmt doctor. Every visit is a discussion about losing his license. Does NOT care for patients in pain. Said just today he hates pills. Well, hello? That's what you do! I want to use so many horrible words to describe him. But, ill just say one thing. Steer clear if you want comprehensive pain mgmt. All he wants is his paycheck.

|  This is a Wonderful Dr.  |  show details
by Michelle Ledesma on Apr 30th, 2013

He takes his time as a Dr and Listens to what you have to say!

|  Probably needs to go back to the "patient care" portion of study  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

It seems that Dr. Minkoff might need to rehabilitate his studying. You are a pain and rehab doctor. PAIN and rehab. So when my 60 yr old mother called him to refill a prescription that was lost he said NO. This is not a junkies' narcotic prescription...it was for nerve damage in her legs and feet. She cant walk. When I called in for her from San Diego it was "not our problem". Please do your homework before choosing your doctor. Your long schooling and licensing obviously hasn't taught you anything buddy.

|  Poor PM doctor that is a pill pusher  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

Does not address the problem and does not get the job done correctly. Attemps to precribe meds that do not take care of your needs on a lond term basis, then he and the other dr's in that office discharge you due to the poor job that keeps thier dr/pill pushers hidden froom the DEA and the state of California Rating is excrable as a care giver and human being. Minkoff violates his oath and federal laws on human and so he should be investigated and charges levied and revoke his rite to practice in this or anyother state.

|  Sbennett  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

Very caring and professional doctor. I have been in the medical field for over 20 years. Highly reccommended

|  Doctor Minkoff is one of the best Doctor's l seen  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

For those seeking help and relief and the hardships and challenges from that of chronic pain, Doctor Minkoff is truly professional and very compassionate in all situations. The patient that needs help and has tried almost everything and is still suffering, do not hesitate to make an appointment to see him. Iv had numerous surgeries and have chronic pain, though Dr. Minkoff has been able to help me function and helped me deal with my severe pain. Great, great Doctor!

|  Doctor is into his  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

This doctor is more concerned with his comforts and his program than anything you may need or want to treat your condition. You will not see any compassion or understanding unless you kowtow to his decisions about your pain, chronic pain. Don't expect him to listen to you and help you. There is always a lecture to listen to about how wrong you are. And he will blame you for not benefiting from his DO self. Notice: don't be surprised if he spreads all your stuff to other doctors so you can't find anyone else to help you.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2010

Approachable and knowledgeable doctor. Took the time to explain things. Answered all of my questions.