Dr. Evan Schwarzwald DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 24th, 2016
Terrible experience
I was shocked at his behavior. Very out of control with his temper.

December 30th, 2015
This is not a doctors office. It is a mill. You routinely wait 3-4 hours, no exaggeration. I have spoken with neighbors who say the same thing. It would be one thing if it were worth the wait, but you are then rushed through. it is hard to imagine that anyone is getting appropriate treatment when he jams so many people in. He is quite inarticulate and his bedside manner, is well, odd. Not mean. Just strange.

January 23rd, 2015
THE DOOCTOR IS WONDERFUL VERY INFORMATIVE AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. I APPRECIATE HIS HONESTY!!! STAFF NEEDS TO BE MORE COURTEOUS AND NEED TO STOP RUSHING PEOPLE !!!!

October 25th, 2014
Highly Disappointed
The front desk secretary who greets you and takes your information completely screwed me and my husband over in terms of billing. I asked her a question regarding the billing to make sure my insurance would cover what I was being billed for (a general check-up) and she assured me that it would not be a problem. I told her I had heard this could be a problem and she laughed it off and said it’s never been an issue before. Now, I receive a check saying that my insurance is not covering the routine check-up and they charge $350 each for a checkup. Let me also add that the check up was 5 minutes in length after waiting for an hour to be seen. Highly disappointed in the moronic, uninformed staff who gives misinformation.

December 4th, 2012
How does an internist not check on his patient who is hospitalized for 2 weeks???
I hope I can help others avoid the experience my family has had over the past 2 weeks. My father, who has been a patient of Dr. Schwarzwald's for the last 10-15 years, was admitted to the hospital where he was diagnosed with multiple strokes as well as other medical issues. My mother called Dr. Schwarzwald's office to let them know that my father was admitted. She was told that a covering internist would see my father in the hospital. It was a surprise to us that my father's internist, who is affiliated with the hospital, would not come to the hospital to see him, but what was shocking was that Dr. Schwarzwald did not EVEN ONCE call to check in on my father or participate in his care in any way. We were told by several doctors in the hospital that this is typical of Dr. Schwarzwald. I cannot comprehend how an internist can completely pass off his patient's care to others, and not have the decency to participate in his treatment or even be in touch with his family to check in. My father will find a new internist upon his discharge from the hospital and I strongly recommend that any of his patients who read this do the same.

November 5th, 2012
It is extremely difficult to impossible to renew a priscription.
My wife has been with out blood breacher medication for three weeks. No one on the staff returns phone calls. Office is out of touch with the patience.

October 20th, 2012
Could not ask for bette
I was lucky enough to have my heart attack and have Dr. Schwarzwald be the attending physician at LIJ. He has been my main physician ever since. I can not say anything other than if you need a very good and caring Dr. then he is the one.

January 31st, 2010
professional and sincere
This doctor is top notch.