Dr. Evgeniy Filin Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Evgeniy Filin?

September 25th, 2012

Should not be taking patients

Dr. Filin has poor command of the English language, and his interest me as a patient was close to zero. His only interest appeared to be getting more frequent/longer appointments, and adding prescriptions to the roster, typically following little documented (except for marketer's claims) off-label applications.It is possible that his inability to get a diagnosis in a sensible amount amount of time might stem on his poor understanding if the intricacies of the English language (he is Russian), but it might well reflect poor training.Stay away from this practitioner if you value your long-term health.

August 28th, 2012

Such a disappointment

I thought I was going to get four-star care from this psychiatrist. I traveled to Boston repeatedly from my home 45 minutes away. Dr. Filin at first seemed okay, but there were just too many mistakes. He told me that my regimen was too complicated and took me off a number of medications that were working. I soon fell into depression. It wasn't soul crushing but I just couldn't DO anything, like I was pinned to my bed.I asked and asked for some new medicne but always got the same textbook answer about "we dont' want to complicate things". Dr Filin--there are other medications than 30-year-old ones that are available at a cheap price.I complained. and complained. I don't know what to do. I feel so hopeless. My mood's never been this low. I should probably find someone new, but I just don't know where to go. I thought this guy was supposed to be expert.I caught him looking at my chest a couple of times. I'm a woman in my early 30s. I wonder.

August 3rd, 2012

disapproving and disagreeable

I cannot recommend Dr. Filin. I came to him with a drug regimen in place that was working, and he made it clear that he disapproved of the complexity of that regimen. To his credit, he said "If it's not broken, we won't fix it," but I felt the pressure of his disapproval.Later I asked him to substitute the antidepressant bupropion for a med I was taking because I felt unmotivated and I wanted the drive buproprion gives. He not only refused to do this, but he told me, "If you're really unhappy, you can always go to a partial hospital." I guess that was his way of giving me options, but it was gratuitous and insulting. I wasn't in any need of the drastic step of a partial hospitalization. I just knew that bupropion had worked in the past, wanted to try it again, and I met this unyielding brick wall.I also asked Dr. Filin if we could be on a first-name basis and he looked very sour, as if he had just bitten into a lemon, and said coldly "It's not usual."Don't see this guy.

June 12th, 2009

Very professional, caring, dedicated, hard-working

Dr. Filin is the best. I had been to 3 previous doctors who were indifferent and just wrote scripts and ushered me out the door. I began believing that that was just normal care. I recommend Dr. Filin without hesitation, and in fact did so just 2 days ago to someone whom I'd just met.

January 2nd, 2009

filin is incompetent

completely missed a diagnosis and failed to treat depression

April 5th, 2016