Psychiatrist

Don't do it! Don't see her! show details Don't do it! Don't see her!
Jul 10th, 2016

Dr Szafraniec is very smart! But when you get too complicated she dismisses you from her practice! I was having a rough time and in her words "i don't want the liability" if I hurt myself, and it "would be better if we didn't work together"... I was shocked, here I was asking for help and she was turning me away because she didn't want the liability ! You're a psychiatrist this is your job! I left bawling my eyes out. Being a nurse myself I could never imagine treating a patient the way she treated me. Not to mention her secretary is awful! She never smiles, is always rude to make appointments. Save your time and go somewhere else!

RONNIE IS A MEAN EVIL PERSON & SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY! show details RONNIE IS A MEAN EVIL PERSON & SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!
Mar 19th, 2016

I actually like her okay but her receptionist is the RUDEST person my husband and I have EVER dealt with in a professional capacity. I go for help and RONNIE is just a mean evil person who clearly hates her job and patients. Has no clue of who I am and have been seeing doc for over THREE years! Clearly she needs meds

Don't bother show details Don't bother
by Sally Smith on Jan 28th, 2016

Definitely a waste of time and money! Saw her a few times hoping to have a good Dr to go to... She doesn't listen, doesn't provide a plan of care. When you try to discuss a plan of care your told that this isn't a "good working relationship" and dismissed. For someone who has battled depression and anxiety for 15 years, to be dismissed could be detrimental to someone. Thankfully I have a great support system. And people are right about the front desk! Good luck getting an appointment . You always have to leave a message because no one answers, and then you better be by your phone when they call! Otherwise it's phone tag.

Great DR. show details Great DR.
by Tamara Milke on Sep 23rd, 2015

I have been seen by this DR. for some time now and she has always been great to work with.

Sep 15th, 2015

Feb 4th, 2015

Excellent caring doctor, that really understands and takes time to listen.

Jan 25th, 2015

Love Dr. Szafreniec.

Okay Doctor, very RUDE receptionist show details Okay Doctor, very RUDE receptionist
Sep 11th, 2014

I have bee seeing Dr, Szafraniec for two years and have always felt her receptionist to be cold, rude and off putting. She does not speak or speaks down to you. The experience is very unpleasant and has left me searching for a new doctor. I just could not put myself through her attitude any longer.

Makes you feel worse than before you went in. show details Makes you feel worse than before you went in.
Apr 26th, 2014

This doctor has made me cry (not because of my issues) but because she is so dismissive and uncompassionate. I don't know why she even asks questions when she NEVER approves of your answer. She is overly opinionated and you will leave feeling worse than before you went in. She makes you feel like you are the root of all your evils. The receptionist is atrocious and makes you feel guilty for even showing up. It is like pulling teeth to get her to even speak. I always want to say "it's too bad you hate your job."

Judgmental and very disappointing. show details Judgmental and very disappointing.
Aug 26th, 2013

She accused me of being late when I waited in the office for 55 minutes to see her. She asked me about my relationship with my professors, and accused me of being childish based on something that is none of her business. She blamed the failed relationship on my ADHD and my "inability to comprehend their expectations." She has no idea the entire story because I did not feel comfortable talking to her about it. She told me to get off my Seroquel and take Adderall by itself, even though I've had a manic episode in the past. Her telling me to be on a stimulant without an antipsychotic or mood stabilizer is very bad advice and can potentially be very dangerous. When I asked her for more information about Adderall, she said: "We're out of time. You were late. If you want to learn more, you can look it up on the Internet or read about it in a book." She wouldn't believe me when I told her I was early. I didn't get my full hour. When I went to book another appointment, the receptionist handed me a card and said, "Call me on Monday." I won't.

Oct 18th, 2012

She was very helpful and understanding. She listened to me and she made me feel very comfortable. I'm glad I chose her as my doctor.

Aug 22nd, 2012

Forget about trying to get in touch with the office. You will reach voicemail every time and NEVER get your call returned. The receptionist is cold and not talkative. Dr Szafraniec took little time to get to know me and just handed over prescriptions which weren't working. I decided to look elsewhere for help.

Aug 21st, 2012

I too found the receptionist to be extremely offputting. If you're in a psychiatrist's office to begin with, chances are that you're in a fairly fragile state (as I was) and the last thing I need is to deal with someone so unpleasant. I believe Dr. S gave me an accurate diagnosis but I was disappointed with her insistence that she knew better than me about what was going on with my reactions to medications. As an actively involved patient, give me some credit for knowing how I feel. I saw her for two sessions and haven't been back.

Great Doc, HORRIBLE Receptionist show details Great Doc, HORRIBLE Receptionist
Jun 28th, 2012

I trust Dr Szafraniec and appreciate her timeliness. I don't understand how one can keep such an unhappy receptionist on staff though. I consider changing doctors every time I go because I dread dealing with the receptionist and her extremely unpleasant attitude. It really is a shame.

great show details great
Jun 12th, 2012

very professional

Apr 6th, 2011

Dr. Ewa Szafraniec was more concerned with the health insurance companies than me.

Very rude receptionist show details Very rude receptionist
Feb 12th, 2011

I loved the doctor but have found her receptionist to be rude, uncaring & cold on many occasions. I don't recommend the doctor to friends because because of her receptionists rude behavior.

Office Staff show details Office Staff
Oct 25th, 2010

The receptionist is AWFUL! She is SO unfriendly and rude. I have never been treated so poorly at any other office. I will no longer go to this doc because of her receptionist.

If I had success on a medication why change it? show details If I had success on a medication why change it?
by Eli T. on Jun 21st, 2010

I saw Dr. S for anxiety. I had taken 2 brands of medication in the past with good results. She decided we should try something new "Effexor"- It was awful, not only did it not curb my anxiety, but I couldn't function on it- I decided not to go back, I had told her what had worked for me in the past, and yet she chose to go another direction- I just want results not trial and error

by Jim Satnan on Aug 24th, 2009

I am very pleased with Dr. Ewa Szafraniec with whom I feel comfortable and confident regarding her professionalism during our therapeutic sessions. She is very approachable and helpful. I too have had 32 years of experience working for the Superior Court System of Maricopa County and, during that time, worked with many court-appointed as well as private psychologists for various types of evaluations, as well as psychiatrists assigned to mental health and drug dependency wards at several hospitals in the valley (for which I had participated in staffings), as well as residential treatment programs, and court competency matters. I also work with psychiatrists in juvenile detention facilities. What I am getting at is that I have had much exposure with psychiatrists and other mental health staff during my career from which I am now retired, and find Dr. Szafraniec truly a pleasure to work with. I appreciate her candidness and honesty. She is receptive and readily available to answer questions I may have. Her years of experience are evident and, personally, leaves me very confident concerning her level of competency. I, therefore, give her an exemplary rating in her field of expertise. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------