Psychiatrists

14001 N 7th St
Ste E110
Phoenix, AZ 85022
602-298-2708
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Makes you feel worse than before you went in.  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2014

This doctor has made me cry (not because of my issues) but because she is so dismissive and uncompassionate. I don't know why she even asks questions when she NEVER approves of your answer. She is overly opinionated and you will leave feeling worse than before you went in. She makes you feel like you are the root of all your evils. The receptionist is atrocious and makes you feel guilty for even showing up. It is like pulling teeth to get her to even speak. I always want to say "it's too bad you hate your job."

|  Judgmental and very disappointing.  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2013

She accused me of being late when I waited in the office for 55 minutes to see her. She asked me about my relationship with my professors, and accused me of being childish based on something that is none of her business. She blamed the failed relationship on my ADHD and my "inability to comprehend their expectations." She has no idea the entire story because I did not feel comfortable talking to her about it. She told me to get off my Seroquel and take Adderall by itself, even though I've had a manic episode in the past. Her telling me to be on a stimulant without an antipsychotic or mood stabilizer is very bad advice and can potentially be very dangerous. When I asked her for more information about Adderall, she said: "We're out of time. You were late. If you want to learn more, you can look it up on the Internet or read about it in a book." She wouldn't believe me when I told her I was early. I didn't get my full hour. When I went to book another appointment, the receptionist handed me a card and said, "Call me on Monday." I won't.

Oct 18th, 2012

She was very helpful and understanding. She listened to me and she made me feel very comfortable. I'm glad I chose her as my doctor.

Aug 22nd, 2012

I was referred to this doctor by a friend and needed assistance with suicidality and depression. As soon as I told Dr. Szfraniec that I work in mental health and would not take certain medications (because I know about them), she became very defensive and diagnosed me as Bi-Polar, which I am not. She did not act with due dilligence regarding my suicidality and did not recommend inpatient hospitalization or even a "safety contract" as is the usual practice. Best to avoid her or at least do not challenge her expertise or she will become quite defensive. Luckily, I went to another doctor who showed appropriate concern for my condition and hospitalized me. Dr. Szafraniec is not caring and thinks she is the expert. Don't even bother to have an opinion with her. I will be reporting her to the board for not acting on my suicidality.

Aug 22nd, 2012

Forget about trying to get in touch with the office. You will reach voicemail every time and NEVER get your call returned. The receptionist is cold and not talkative. Dr Szafraniec took little time to get to know me and just handed over prescriptions which weren't working. I decided to look elsewhere for help.

Aug 21st, 2012

I too found the receptionist to be extremely offputting. If you're in a psychiatrist's office to begin with, chances are that you're in a fairly fragile state (as I was) and the last thing I need is to deal with someone so unpleasant. I believe Dr. S gave me an accurate diagnosis but I was disappointed with her insistence that she knew better than me about what was going on with my reactions to medications. As an actively involved patient, give me some credit for knowing how I feel. I saw her for two sessions and haven't been back.

|  Great Doc, HORRIBLE Receptionist  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

I trust Dr Szafraniec and appreciate her timeliness. I don't understand how one can keep such an unhappy receptionist on staff though. I consider changing doctors every time I go because I dread dealing with the receptionist and her extremely unpleasant attitude. It really is a shame.

|  great  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

very professional

Apr 6th, 2011

Dr. Ewa Szafraniec was more concerned with the health insurance companies than me.

|  Very rude receptionist  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

I loved the doctor but have found her receptionist to be rude, uncaring & cold on many occasions. I don't recommend the doctor to friends because because of her receptionists rude behavior.

|  Office Staff  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

The receptionist is AWFUL! She is SO unfriendly and rude. I have never been treated so poorly at any other office. I will no longer go to this doc because of her receptionist.

|  If I had success on a medication why change it?  |  show details
by Eli T. on Jun 21st, 2010

I saw Dr. S for anxiety. I had taken 2 brands of medication in the past with good results. She decided we should try something new "Effexor"- It was awful, not only did it not curb my anxiety, but I couldn't function on it- I decided not to go back, I had told her what had worked for me in the past, and yet she chose to go another direction- I just want results not trial and error

by Jim Satnan on Aug 24th, 2009

I am very pleased with Dr. Ewa Szafraniec with whom I feel comfortable and confident regarding her professionalism during our therapeutic sessions. She is very approachable and helpful. I too have had 32 years of experience working for the Superior Court System of Maricopa County and, during that time, worked with many court-appointed as well as private psychologists for various types of evaluations, as well as psychiatrists assigned to mental health and drug dependency wards at several hospitals in the valley (for which I had participated in staffings), as well as residential treatment programs, and court competency matters. I also work with psychiatrists in juvenile detention facilities. What I am getting at is that I have had much exposure with psychiatrists and other mental health staff during my career from which I am now retired, and find Dr. Szafraniec truly a pleasure to work with. I appreciate her candidness and honesty. She is receptive and readily available to answer questions I may have. Her years of experience are evident and, personally, leaves me very confident concerning her level of competency. I, therefore, give her an exemplary rating in her field of expertise. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------