Dr. Ewa Szafraniec MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Phoenix, AZ

3.6

October 11th, 2016
I was a patient for six years and was doing well. When I became extremely suicidal over the memorial day weekend, the on-call service refused to let me speak to an on- call doctor on Saturday. I was in crisis. I had to beg the rude secretary, Ronnie, for an appointment on Tuesday. At that appointment, Dr. Szafraniec actually reprimanded me for calling the service. The secretary then called me twice to confirm my next appointment when I made it clear I was not coming back. My new psychiatrist has a cell phone and a good on-call service. I left a message when I needed a refill. My pharmacy called within two hours to let me know my script was ready. :)

July 10th, 2016
Don't do it! Don't see her!
Dr Szafraniec is very smart! But when you get too complicated she dismisses you from her practice! I was having a rough time and in her words "i don't want the liability" if I hurt myself, and it "would be better if we didn't work together"... I was shocked, here I was asking for help and she was turning me away because she didn't want the liability ! You're a psychiatrist this is your job! I left bawling my eyes out. Being a nurse myself I could never imagine treating a patient the way she treated me. Not to mention her secretary is awful! She never smiles, is always rude to make appointments. Save your time and go somewhere else!

March 19th, 2016
RONNIE IS A MEAN EVIL PERSON & SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!
I actually like her okay but her receptionist is the RUDEST person my husband and I have EVER dealt with in a professional capacity. I go for help and RONNIE is just a mean evil person who clearly hates her job and patients. Has no clue of who I am and have been seeing doc for over THREE years! Clearly she needs meds

January 28th, 2016
Don't bother
Definitely a waste of time and money! Saw her a few times hoping to have a good Dr to go to... She doesn't listen, doesn't provide a plan of care. When you try to discuss a plan of care your told that this isn't a "good working relationship" and dismissed. For someone who has battled depression and anxiety for 15 years, to be dismissed could be detrimental to someone. Thankfully I have a great support system. And people are right about the front desk! Good luck getting an appointment . You always have to leave a message because no one answers, and then you better be by your phone when they call! Otherwise it's phone tag.

September 23rd, 2015
Great DR.
I have been seen by this DR. for some time now and she has always been great to work with.

September 15th, 2015

February 4th, 2015
Excellent caring doctor, that really understands and takes time to listen.

January 25th, 2015
Love Dr. Szafreniec.

September 11th, 2014
Okay Doctor, very RUDE receptionist
I have bee seeing Dr, Szafraniec for two years and have always felt her receptionist to be cold, rude and off putting. She does not speak or speaks down to you. The experience is very unpleasant and has left me searching for a new doctor. I just could not put myself through her attitude any longer.

April 26th, 2014
Makes you feel worse than before you went in.
This doctor has made me cry (not because of my issues) but because she is so dismissive and uncompassionate. I don't know why she even asks questions when she NEVER approves of your answer. She is overly opinionated and you will leave feeling worse than before you went in. She makes you feel like you are the root of all your evils. The receptionist is atrocious and makes you feel guilty for even showing up. It is like pulling teeth to get her to even speak. I always want to say "it's too bad you hate your job."

August 26th, 2013
Judgmental and very disappointing.
She accused me of being late when I waited in the office for 55 minutes to see her. She asked me about my relationship with my professors, and accused me of being childish based on something that is none of her business. She blamed the failed relationship on my ADHD and my "inability to comprehend their expectations." She has no idea the entire story because I did not feel comfortable talking to her about it. She told me to get off my Seroquel and take Adderall by itself, even though I've had a manic episode in the past. Her telling me to be on a stimulant without an antipsychotic or mood stabilizer is very bad advice and can potentially be very dangerous. When I asked her for more information about Adderall, she said: "We're out of time. You were late. If you want to learn more, you can look it up on the Internet or read about it in a book." She wouldn't believe me when I told her I was early. I didn't get my full hour. When I went to book another appointment, the receptionist handed me a card and said, "Call me on Monday." I won't.

October 18th, 2012
She was very helpful and understanding. She listened to me and she made me feel very comfortable. I'm glad I chose her as my doctor.