Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Skilled, Professional, Proactive  |  show details
by Mary P on Feb 5th, 2014

Clear communicator, skilled surgeon. Proactive, as operated on my husband to remove cyst, but determined at same time could fuse vertebrae , saving having to return for a second operation.

|  Lower Back Surgeries to the L5 S1. Herniated Disc and Fusion. Still seeing him since 2008.  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

I can imagine the magnitude and demands of each indivituals needs, as a patient, but me, as his patient, I feel he needs to spend more time with his patients and be there for them 100%. I litterally see him for seconds, that's it!

Apr 7th, 2011

You will never see him again after your surgery. You only see his PA.Compared toother specialists who use PAs,this is poor practice. I would like the doctor to spend a few minutes with me at every visit.

|  True professional  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

Very sharp doctor, and open enough to bring in other specialists when needed. He shoots straight and I respect him. His collegues in Baylor Medical Center Houston praise him highly as the best.Call for reference: 720-427-7852 Richard Krebs

Nov 18th, 2010

Good MD helped my mother out a lot, very sexy guy!! :)

Apr 5th, 2010

In my personal opinion, i feel that Dr. Nelson needs to spend more time with patients and not let their hard earned money go to waste.

May 28th, 2009

Dr. Nelson is the embodiment of everyone's idea of a perfect physician. He is devoted to his patients, and, while he is a surgeon, he is always looking to find ways to treat a problem without surgery. If a case requires surgery, Dr. Nelson carefully and clearly explains all the ramifications of the procedure. His warm smile and pleasant manner promote calm and confidence. You could not want a better man to help you through a crisis!!

|  Exceptional  |  show details
by Buck Demers on May 20th, 2008

I recently went through one of the toughest times thus far in my life. Dr. Nelson diagnosed a cancerous tumor in my brain. The next day he resected the brain and removed the tumor. His manner with me and my family was exceptional. I thank him for his care and dedication.