Dr. Ewell Nelson MD Patient Reviews

• 10 reviews

March 27th, 2016
Dr. Nelson is the quintessential physician. His knowledge is outstanding. His care for his patients is exceptional. His advice is balanced. But most of all, as the patient, you feel he cares about YOU, not just his own success .It is rare to find a brilliant mind married to a compassionate soul.

December 22nd, 2015
Best Brain surgeon ever! Thank you with <3.

November 17th, 2015
The man of the hour (and his staff!)
Dr. Nelson was the on-call surgeon when I came into ER with a blown neck disc. Once the CAT scan was done, he explained exactly what had happened, ordered up the surgery, etc. The surgery itself went well, and he and his staff explained things very well-- both when I was in the hospital and in followup visits. I am grateful every day for the expertise he shared with me.

January 8th, 2015
I have been a very active person and was a field geologist for many years. Dr. Nelson fused my C5/6 and C4/5 two years ago when I was 65 years old. The surgery was amazingly painless - only 2 days on pain meds, and the follow up with Dr. Nelson and his team was excellent. I was admitted at 6 am and left about 6 pm. Unfortunately, I need three more fused and will be going back to Dr. Nelson for the surgery later this year.

February 5th, 2014
Skilled, Professional, Proactive
Clear communicator, skilled surgeon. Proactive, as operated on my husband to remove cyst, but determined at same time could fuse vertebrae , saving having to return for a second operation.

July 25th, 2012
Lower Back Surgeries to the L5 S1. Herniated Disc and Fusion. Still seeing him since 2008.
I can imagine the magnitude and demands of each indivituals needs, as a patient, but me, as his patient, I feel he needs to spend more time with his patients and be there for them 100%. I litterally see him for seconds, that's it!

November 18th, 2010
Good MD helped my mother out a lot, very sexy guy!! :)

April 5th, 2010
In my personal opinion, i feel that Dr. Nelson needs to spend more time with patients and not let their hard earned money go to waste.

May 28th, 2009
Dr. Nelson is the embodiment of everyone's idea of a perfect physician. He is devoted to his patients, and, while he is a surgeon, he is always looking to find ways to treat a problem without surgery. If a case requires surgery, Dr. Nelson carefully and clearly explains all the ramifications of the procedure. His warm smile and pleasant manner promote calm and confidence. You could not want a better man to help you through a crisis!!

May 20th, 2008
Exceptional
I recently went through one of the toughest times thus far in my life. Dr. Nelson diagnosed a cancerous tumor in my brain. The next day he resected the brain and removed the tumor. His manner with me and my family was exceptional. I thank him for his care and dedication.