Dr. Faheem Sandhu MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Clinton, MD

October 25th, 2016
Dr. Sandhu was very good; however, after getting the additional radiological studies I have not been able to get an appointment!

October 14th, 2016
Excellent!
Dr. Sandhu performed spinal fusion on me in 2007 and it went flawlessly. He couldn't have been more patient with me when I was asking him a million questions prior to the procedure even though many of them may have seemed silly to him. He treated me with respect and understood my trepidation about the procedure but he allayed all my fears. Now I'm having some issues with my back again but, unlike I did before and waited several years before doing anything about it, I've scheduled another appointment with him so we can take care of the pain before it becomes unbearable like before. Without a doubt, I feel Dr. Sandhu is a fantastic surgeon with great bedside manners and a true empathy for the patient.

September 8th, 2016
Dennis
Dr. Sandhu has excellent communication skills & I felt like he actually took the time to sit & listen to me explain my condition. Both pre & post op experiences were positive. He explained things to my wife in detail & treated her with care. Dr. Sandhu has EXCELLENT bed-side manner unlike a lot of surgeons!

August 29th, 2016
Spectacular Doctor
Dr. Sandhu is the most caring, humble and skilled neurosurgeon on the face of this planet. He saved my life, and I am forever grateful to him! He is so good at what he does and does not perform surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. He really wants to help individuals live lives without pain. I'm so grateful to him and his staff members for all that they do. They are amazing people.

August 24th, 2016
Great First Impression
I have not had my follow up visit yet. He came highly recommended by my primary doctor. I love that he looked through all of my scans and explain my diagnosis and well as the options.

July 11th, 2016
Stay Away!
The staff is rude, discerttious, and shows no regard for patient health. Scheduling is terrible and you cannot set your appointment- they call you, weeks later. By far the most disrespectful and incompetent medical staff, because of them I refuse to see the doctor. None of them care about you, just a number.

July 1st, 2016
Sandhu, the" surgeon": Beware of his operating room
I had a multilevel fusion with this Dr. touting his XLIP procedure which is minimally invasive from the side. I have been in constant pain and feel that the surgery was unnecessary and dangerous given other complications that were not fully explained to me. For anyone contemplating this surgery, I would urge you to read a comprehensive review of minimally Invasive techniques in Surg Neurol Int: 2016, 7: (suppl3) S96-S101. The author is Nancy Epstein. Sandhu's technique XLIF is regarded as the most dangerous of the three; Sandhu 'says' he has an over 90 per cent success rate; don't believe. I am in continual pain; have trouble walking and have had to take pain medications for years. Beware of this surgeon!

June 27th, 2016
I had 2 previous major neck surgeries (c6-c7 disk fused with a cadaver's hip bone and micro keyhole decompression) and Dr. Sandhu preformed c5-c6 disk replacement (3rd surgery). He is by far the most innovative Dr that I have experienced. I highly recommend him.

February 1st, 2016
A+ for Dr. Sandhu
Dr. Sandhu is not only an incredible surgeon, but he is a humble man who does not talk down to his patients. He takes time to listen to your questions and once you meet him I can guarantee you most likely will have full confidence in choosing Dr. Sandhu. I went for a second opinion on a lumbar surgery that was being scheduled by another surgeon, who although well know, was talking an anterior and posterior cut. I met with my Neurologist who was convinced by my symptoms that I had something else going on causing coordination issues. He immediately referred me to Dr. Sandhu who looked at MRI's of both my lumbar and cervical spine. We first discussed my lumbar MRI, and D,, Sandhu said he could do the surgery and only one disc needed a replacement and/or fusion, but that he would only need to incise me from anterior side. I immediately told him told him "your my new Dr.", Then we discussed my cervical spine (which my previous surgeon didn't even look at). TI had a large protrusion/herniation at the C6/7 level, which he said we need to first address this. I was having pain in both arms and losing finger coordination. The surgery went well, and even though only on cervical spine, he said it may help with some of the sciatic leg issues from my lumbar. He was 100% correct. At 6 weeks out, I just met with him and the healing is looking good. I have control again of my fingers ad only a little pain in right arm which we are addressing with PT. If/when I need my lumbar surgery, it will be with Dr. Sandhu. I have had the pleasure of working with Ms.Tiffany Guglielmelli (the primary Physician Assistant, and Ms. Joy Arellano who was the nurse coordinator who stayed in constant contact with me. Both were professional, friendly and seemed to really care about me.

December 4th, 2015
Peerless Orthopaedic NeuroSurgeon
I received compassionate care and stellar treatment from Dr Sandhu as well as his staff for a very complicated spinal laminectomy. I have recommended him on countless occasions to others with similar health challenges. He is a preeminent pioneer in his field.

April 15th, 2015
Love the physician and love the staff !
Sorry, I have to disagree with the unhappy patient. The staff have been very supportive with my care. If I ever had any concerns or questions they always made sure that I was taken care of. In my opinion, any 5 star physician is represented by great staff as was my experience. If you are clear with what your needs are, there are never any questions. Realistic expectations...... EXCELLENT Neurosurgeon and staff!

April 7th, 2015
Terrible Support Staff
Dr. Sandhu may be an excellent physician, but his support staff is rude, misfiled my medical history, does not return phone calls and does not accurately relay messages to the doctor.