Dr. Fahimeh Lessani MD Patient Reviews

April 28th, 2016
She's the Best!!!

January 6th, 2016
Old school approach - seemed to "profile" instead of assess/fdiagnose
Beside manner was cold, diagnosis was completely lacking - only suggested a Vit D supplement after a standard bloodwork panel. No referral was provided for the presenting issue. Luckily I made an appointment with a specialist who ordered the necessary x-rays and MRI and treated the torn tendon and related ligament damage.

July 22nd, 2014
Dr. Lessani is NOT what these reviews Claim!
Although Dr. Gollin was my primary with Scripps Carmel Valley, I frequently saw Dr. Lessani when Dr. Gollin was unavailable. I found her very kind, spot-on with her diagnostic technique, and easy to relate to (I'm 63!). The previous critiques were obviously written by the same person and one of her friends! I found she wrote the the same things on other medical review sites. I would not hesitate to visit this fine Doctor again!

March 3rd, 2013
Worst physician in southern California
Terrible experience. Poor, poor medical knowledge, to the point where she is making dangerous medical decisions without understanding them. Practices reflex medicine. Does not listen while giving medical history. Worst bedside manner I have ever seen. Very murky and poor thought process. Does not answer follow up calls (ie. 3 in a row). Seeing this doctor was one of the worst medical decision of my life.

February 9th, 2013
Very difficult to work with. When in need will not call in prescription without appointment. Terrible listener.

October 19th, 2012
Worst Doctor Visit Ever!
She frequently mixed up details on my history (tested for thrush a year ago, not last week, can't tell you my family history of anything because as I told you, I'm adopted!)which made me think she wasn't listening. Forgot one of the issues I came in for...twice! Her "exam" was a 30 second joke. When I told her the hypothyroid medication didn't seem to be working enough, could I increase the dosage she acted like I wanted a year long supply of crack.Asked her about what I know is thrush since I've had it many times before she argued with me, telling me it's just my normal tongue. WTH! I said I didn't agree and she said, "no, you are wrong, that is your normal tongue". Uh, my tongue doesn't ususally have yellowish coating and bumps I can scrape off.Finally just left because what's the point.Arrogant and uncaring and doesn't like to have questions asked or that you know anything about your own health.

June 21st, 2012
Don't pick !
When a doctor tells you that YOU need to listen to the EXPERTS/DOCTORS and not to listen to your OWN body or internet research or friends because you don't know better... Go to another doctor.. I did and discovered i had thyroid disease and moles that needed to be removed. She said i was fine for both!!! Needless to say... LISTEN TO YOUR OWN INSTICTS.. THE professionals aren't always RIGHT!!!DO NOT go to HER!

September 21st, 2010
Worst medical experience of my life
Seeing this Dr was the worst experience of my life. I have seen so many drs and had serious and painful procedures I'd take over 1 minute with this person. She treated me with so much disrespect that I cannot even bring to type what happened... I had a panic attack after I saw her. Basically she accused me of intentionally taking medication that would hurt my baby. The same medication that I had been taking for over 7 years, discussed with my regular dr and OB before conception (which was very much planned). My ob and my rheumatologist told me I could take this medication during pregnancy. I decreased my dosage by 90% planning for pregnancy. This woman repeatedly told me there was "nothing wrong with me" that required medication (after all the years I spent my life in hospitals and disabled in my 20's?!) and I was harming my fetus. She told me this over and over again until I completely broke down and had a panic attack. This baby means everything to us and I am so traumatized by her behavior. I work full time at a demanding job, on top of having serious illness and disability and this child is the most important thing in my life. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I am a healthy weight... I am just taking my prescribed medication... However, the things she said to me, repeatedly and with intent to scare and hurt me, I think you would not even say to a heroin addict. No mom should be spoken to like this. Aside from the terrible bedside behavior, her lack of knowledge of the field was also shocking to me. Like she never learned anything since she left med school ages ago. I have a phd in biomedical field so I know more than average about these things and I could catch many mistakes and gaps in her knowledge. Even so, I am not a medical doctor, so if I can catch mistakes, this is no good. RUN RUN RUN AWAY!