A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Faina Akselrod:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Faina Akselrod is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Faina Akselrod, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Akselrod graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Akselrod has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
- South Nassau Communities Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akselrod accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Healthfirst - 10 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Faina Akselrod practice?
Dr. Faina Akselrod practices Obstetrics & Gynecology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: East Meadow, NY and Bayside, NY.
See Brooklyn Obstetricians & Gynecologists.