inactive

Faisal Waheed MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9
  • 1 comment

February 11th, 2015
Helpful,doctor
Dr Waheed has a dry sense of,humor, but is quite a serious guy that isn't of the chatty variety. He helped me get the meds I,needed, and went to bat with insurance when no one else could be bothered to help me. He takes calls, is happy to see me whenever I need to, even on that given day, and knows his field. His patients seem to really like him (and while,sitting infusing for hours, you do get time to chat. He cares.

March 30th, 2014
Dr. Waheed is a caring and thorough doctor. He encouraged us to get a second opinion, and returns phone calls even on the weekend. He does not rush the appointment, listens, and pays attention. He is a quality doctor and we are pleased with the care he has given us.

April 11th, 2012
"Leukemia, don't think so? Come back in 4 weeks..."
I was referred to this doctor for Leukemia. While looking at the chart he asked me what my health status was. I listed the handful of diagnosis and illnesses I've developed over the last 10 years-blood proven, and diagnosed by physicans. He asked, "okay, but what have you been diagnosed with?" I was there because of ongoing problems with my blood wich indicated Leukemia to the referring physican. He said he didn't think I had it. He ordered blood work and told me to come back in 4 weeks. When I called to asked about my results, I was told it was normal. I was asked for a copy. My blood is in still fact abnormal and indicates a blood marrow problem. Similiar to records I then provided which showed a problem 10 years ago. He refused to look into those as well and follow up. My primary, very dissapointed and dismayed with this response has referred me to a physician in a larger city. Waheed never looked at me, and was dismissive. He took a personal or business cell phone call during the appointment and in the middle of a sentence I was saying. Never apologized. Seems like a young doctor interested in the career, and not the patient. Dressed very sharp, I can see oncology pays well, but he doesn't belong in a field where people feel their life's fate is being held by a diagnosis or prognosis. Needless to say, I cancelled my follow up appointment. If it can wait 4 weeks and an abnormal test is considered "normal" by him and no other doctor, then I obviously don't need to see him and need to see the other doctor's which are concerned.