Oncology Specialist (cancer)

3.0

Mar 30th, 2014

Dr. Waheed is a caring and thorough doctor. He encouraged us to get a second opinion, and returns phone calls even on the weekend. He does not rush the appointment, listens, and pays attention. He is a quality doctor and we are pleased with the care he has given us.

"Leukemia, don't think so? Come back in 4 weeks..." show details "Leukemia, don't think so? Come back in 4 weeks..."
Apr 11th, 2012

I was referred to this doctor for Leukemia. While looking at the chart he asked me what my health status was. I listed the handful of diagnosis and illnesses I've developed over the last 10 years-blood proven, and diagnosed by physicans. He asked, "okay, but what have you been diagnosed with?" I was there because of ongoing problems with my blood wich indicated Leukemia to the referring physican. He said he didn't think I had it. He ordered blood work and told me to come back in 4 weeks. When I called to asked about my results, I was told it was normal. I was asked for a copy. My blood is in still fact abnormal and indicates a blood marrow problem. Similiar to records I then provided which showed a problem 10 years ago. He refused to look into those as well and follow up. My primary, very dissapointed and dismayed with this response has referred me to a physician in a larger city. Waheed never looked at me, and was dismissive. He took a personal or business cell phone call during the appointment and in the middle of a sentence I was saying. Never apologized. Seems like a young doctor interested in the career, and not the patient. Dressed very sharp, I can see oncology pays well, but he doesn't belong in a field where people feel their life's fate is being held by a diagnosis or prognosis. Needless to say, I cancelled my follow up appointment. If it can wait 4 weeks and an abnormal test is considered "normal" by him and no other doctor, then I obviously don't need to see him and need to see the other doctor's which are concerned.