Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. Kudzu.
Compassionate, Professional & Caring show details Compassionate, Professional & Caring
by Tracey Robinson & Te'vone Kibler on Sep 19th, 2014

Dr. Carter was a godsend for my son, & myself. I never got a chance to write a review for her compassionate, professional and caring services when she was a doctor at the Bayview Medical in Norfolk, VA. When my son came to her with fatigue, soreness and unexplained coughing, Dr. Carter went above and beyond to find the cause of what was going on with my teenage son. Her compassion and professionalism was outstanding. I think what sets her apart from many other doctors I have encountered over the years is that she truly listens to her patients and together they discuss a course of action that is best for the patient. I have not found a doctor that has the type of dedication, compassion and expertise that Dr. Carter has. My son is now an adult and yet he still speaks highly of Dr. Falana Carter.

What I was looking for.... show details What I was looking for....
by Lee Ann Keyser on Oct 21st, 2013

I have looked for years for doctor that would take their time and listen to what was being said and not rush you out of the office. Dr. Carter is that doctor. She will listen, then ask questions until she is comfortable that she is completely understanding what you are saying. She is very compassonate and understanding and makes you feel like you really matter. I've never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes past my scheduled time but would not complain if I did because I know she will take the same time and care when it's my turn.

Awesome show details Awesome
by Rose M. on Jun 26th, 2013 on doctor.com

Dr Carter is a very caring individual. She takes time to listen and understand. She isn't a Dr. with the attitude that the patient knows nothing, an ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Mis-informed about guidelines, long wait times on phone and in-person show details Mis-informed about guidelines, long wait times on phone and in-person
by Patient on May 30th, 2013

Dr. Cartar and her staff informed me that I am "required" to get a pap smear to get Rx birth control pills. Pap smears are recommended, but not required for women 21 and are not a prerequisite for birth control. When asked why, the woman making the appointment on the phone said "That's just the way it is". Wait times to make an appointment over the phone are more than 20 minutes. Wait time in person was 35-40 minutes. I don't mind waiting for quality service, but was extremely disappointed with the inaccurate information I was provided.

Doctor of Olde show details Doctor of Olde
by cmccrae on May 28th, 2008 on kudzu.com

The best at her profession and responds to information from the patient and will listen and make sure the patient is comfortable and at ease. All of the questions are answered and you feel satisfied.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com