Dr. Fallon Maylack Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Fallon Maylack?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Fallon Maylack?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 6th, 2017

NEVER get a partial knee replacement

I had a partial done in 2013. I was told that I didn't need a full replacement since the arthritis was only on the left side. So I thought great. Little did I know that with a partial they cut bone away to make way for the partial knee device. From the day of the surgery I had pain on the right side of my knee. I told Dr. Maylack about this and he said that's just part of the healing. So I wait and waited and it never went away. I went to a different orthopedic doctor that said the arthritis has moved to the right side but that didn't make sense since I had the pain immediately after surgery. So I put up with this for 3 years and went to see a different Orthopedic doctor and he said I needed a full knee replacement. So October of 2016 I had a total knee replacement just to have the same pain on the left side. This Orthopedic surgeon looked further into it and said it was my IT Band which runs from your hip down to just below the knee. So my thoughts go to did I really need a total knee replacement if Dr. Maylack and the 2nd Orthopedic doctor would have just looked further into why the pain was actually there. I was also told by a physical therapist that a person should NEVER get a partial that you'll only end up with a full down the road. When you finally get the full replacement there are other complications. It's called a "revision". They call it that because with a full you actually have a new knee totally. With a "revision" they have to build up where the bone was taken out to do the partial. This causes difficulty in bending your knee to a better degree that you would get with a full. I also had nerve damage causing a dropped foot because when they pull out the partial they have to open the incision up wide enough to take it out. The dropped foot went away but I have nerve damage that I'm hoping will come back over a course of time. It's been almost a year and I still have a numb foot that continues throughout the ankle and up the side of the leg. I'm so frustrated with the past 3 years I just wanted to do something to keep anyone else from going through what I've gone through. I HIGHLY suggest to NEVER get a partial knee replacement.

July 13th, 2017

God Sent

Dr. Maylack and his staff are what doctors and the staff should be like. He has great bed side manners and his staff is pleasant and attentive. He repair my meniscus and

November 3rd, 2016

He is the best

He has taken care of my knee and ankle he is the only one I will go to

August 31st, 2016

He is the best

He worked on my knee for me over and over again it wasnt his fault I kept tearing the cartilage I would go back to him in a heartbeat greatest surgeon ever

May 10th, 2016

Best Orthopedic in St. Louis

Dr. Maylack has treated me through a broken ankle and reconstruction, knee surgery and a broken elbow. He is always easy to speak with and willing to discuss options. Surgery is not the first thing he suggests.

July 10th, 2015

Dr doesn't address patients concerns leaves it up to staff moves to fast very hurried wouldn't recommend him to family or friends

March 17th, 2015

Dr M did my 1st knee replant. With minimal conversation. I thought maybe he was just a quiet person. But after reading these review I understand fully it just his disconcernment with his patients. I have no problem with the procedure, but on the post visit I had some concerns and his answer was does it hurt less then before then ok you're better. Next! I knew that I needed both knee's replaced and after Beverly not following up on calls. But terribly disappointed that the day before surgery at 4:30 pm, I rcv a call saying my insurance plan isn't accepted. Why didn't they verify it on day one. I made it clear that I had New insurance.

December 15th, 2014

he is someone you can trust and when you are having surgery that is very important

June 28th, 2014

Misdiagnoses

June 28th, 2014

No, you don't have arthritis. I didn't see any. Get some new glasses, Doc!!!

Now I will continue with my nightmare. The meniscus repair took a year to stop hurting. The second one has never stopped hurting. 4 cortisone shots later and finally telling me, by looking at his results from a year prior and an X-ray from 2 months prior. I see nothing wrong with your leg. We will do a ct scan. If nothing shows we will just cast your leg and let it rest. So I took my results of the ct scan and went to Washington university Orthopedic He said let no one do any more scopes on your leg first of all. It won't help. Your knee is bone on bone from arthritis. I have to have a knee replacement. Thank maylack for all of the unnecessary pain and misdiagnosis.

April 4th, 2013

Patient

It was a very pleasant interation with Dr. Maylack. He was pleasant, curteous and compassionate. He knew what he was doing and his diagnosis and treatment plan were commmunicated well. By the way Dr Maylack, the coffee was good!! Thanks.

January 19th, 2012

Dr. Maylack

Repaired torn cartlage in both of my knees. My knees both feet great and I have no post operation issues.