Dr. Farheen Fahim MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 24th, 2017
NEGLIGENT
My daughter has been trying to schedule an appointment to refill her prescription and has not been able to get a hold of Dr. Farheen. She received one call back on Feb. 10, a message, and then she has been trying to call since then - no response! How is that possible? Is she so jaded that she no longer cares that her patients who suffer from bipolar disorder are feeling distraught and anxious and sad? Who does that? How are you not conscious of the oath you swore by when you entered the medical profession to care for those individuals who are most vulnerable? Now we have to travel to an urgent care to receive a 2-week prescription until we find someone decent and kind and professional. Unbelievable!

January 17th, 2017
Ok
Granted, I have only seen her once my experience wasn't that bad. I got there and did not have to wait at all. She was very dry, like no fluff or beating around the bush or humor. She smiled once in the session. I have a fairly rare physical diagnosis and she knew about it and the comorbidities in the mental health field which shocked me. She was kind of pushy to go on meds though. I was hesistant and asking to try alternatives like therapy, etc. She didn't want to hear it. Overall I'd go back.

December 31st, 2016
She should not be in this feild of work.
I highly discourage those seeking help from making an appointment with Dr. Fahim. I decided to start seeing Dr. Fahim because my therapist recommended her, but she is extremely rude and her office is poorly run. During my first intial visit the doctor had me waiting an hour and fifteen mintues over my appointment time and even took another patient who had just walked in over me. Stating that she would be quicker than my appointment and she didnt want her to wait! It was my 1st appointment though so i thought maybe it wouldnt be such a long wait the next time. WRONG! My 2nd appointment was the same way. Also prior to my appointment i called the office to double check the time only to find out that i was no longer in their system. I thought it was strange that they would prescribe me meds and then just let me loose and the day i orginally scheduled was now full so i had to wait an extra week to see the doctor. Then when i finally get an appointment i waited an hour+ again! Finally after asking many times when i will be seen, i was called in to see the doctor. Not only did the Doctor have the wrong chart but she was incredibly rude about the mix up. Also given the fact that i suffer from anxiety and time is especially a trigger for me, i decided to speak with the Doctor and ask if there is always such a long wait also to express my concern with the disorganization at the front desk regarding my appointment. She got extremely defensive and instead of hearing my concerns she took my complaints personally and immediately shut my folder saying tht if i didnt like the wait we shouldn't continue our sessions. As a perfessional, she shouldnt throw a patient out because they are giving feedback. Im a quiet person and it hard for me to stick up for myself and the one time i did, and rightfully so, she throws me out? I asked if maybe there were days she was less busy, or if she could make me her 1st appointment so i wont have to wait---but she just diaregarded me. She also told me that an hour is standard wait time for all doctors and that if i were to leave at any time and not wait to be seen (even if shes running late) then she would charge me a 75$ fee! She is an awful Doctor! If your anxiety is triggered by time or if u have anxiety at all i do not recommend her AT ALL!!! Doctor Fahim is the WORST!

October 7th, 2016
Referred to this office by my therapist
Dr. Fahim got me on the medication I needed, but every aspect of dealing with her office was an absolute nightmare. There were multiple occasions where I would leave messages over the course of WEEKS and when they finally called me back they insisted that I had never left more than one message. On one occasion, a member of her staff interrupted me when I was explaining what my insurance had told me they needed from Dr. Fahim, to tell me that I was wrong and that it wasn't their problem.

October 7th, 2016
A six year patient
She shows no concern for the patient issues. She seems to reframe your issues to fit the medication she wants to prescribe for you. I continue to go to her because I already know the medication I need.

May 16th, 2016
The rudest Doctor I've ever seen
This is one RUDE Dr. Allow me to explain. A long time ago I received a diagnosis of Bi-Polar which I've aleays disagreed with. The first thing I did when I started seeing Faheem was explain to her that I don't feel that diagnosis was accurate. However all she did, it seems, is look at my Medical history and base her opinion on what some previous doctors have said (not all have agreed on the term bi-polar) instead of her interactions with me. For about 5 bi-weekly visits she kept giving me medications for bipolar disorder. So I stopped going to her for a while. Because it's not an accurate diagnosis. After about a month and a half I decided to give her one more try. That was my mistake! When I returned for what would be my LAST visit, she sounded more like a prosecuting attorney arguing that my diagnosis was bi-polar. At one pont she actually said to me "If you're not bi-polar, then why did you just lose your job?" Whoa. Waits minute. What kind of thing is THAT to say to someone who's in her "care". Some bedside manner! That was completely rude, uncalled for and no way for a Doctor to talk to her patients. I've seen a mix of reviews for this "doctor". All the negative reviews talking about her rudeness are very believable to me now.

January 31st, 2016
She is rude and refused to take to me when I had a problem with my medication because I missed one appointment.

December 7th, 2015
The best ever
Thanks to Dr. Fahim's support, my daughter is living independently and functioning as normally as possible. It took time, but she got us there, The doctor stuck with us in spite of our differences and listened to me/my daughter, changing medications and brainstorming solutions. She became the safe port in the storm created by mental and learning disabilities. My story has a happy ending because of her.

October 30th, 2015
She is a horrible therapist. Treats everyone bad.

July 6th, 2015
Great Experience
I could not be happier with Dr. Fahim. She's was extremely thorough with her initial evaluations. She even meets with the parents before seeing your child I have never had another psych do that. She seems to want the whole background of your child. She switched my daughter's meds several time until they were adjusted properly. She's doing great now! She's often very busy but I understand why. Front Office staff is very professional and courteous....wait time could be better tho

June 21st, 2015
LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE..............
At first I thought Dr. Fahim was on the money. i was taking my daughter to visit her. I felt confident in our meetings that what I told her was confidential. Noooooooo. Whatever I told her in our one on one meetings together concerning my daughter she went back and told my daughter everything. My daughter is very sensitive and felt that i betrayed her trust because of what i had told Dr. Fahim. She refuses to speak to me. This is the last thing i needed in my life because my daughter has some emotional issues going on. I do not know why a psychiatrist would do this. It should actually be the total opposite. I didnt go to college but i feel i could be a better psychiatrist than her. Instead of bringing my daughter and I closer this has caused quite a bit of turmoil in our lives. Also i need to add she tends to give quite a bit of medication at once instead of starting off with one and working up if needed. As you can tell I am quite upset and frustrated and hope that this will help anyone needing a review.

May 16th, 2015
Not happy
Jumps from medication to medication. Extremely long waiting time because the office over books. Very disappointed. A doctor for mental health should go above and beyond but she does not seem to be too concerned about a patients well being.