Dr. Farheen Yousuf Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Farheen Yousuf?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Farheen Yousuf?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2014

Incompetent and uncaring

I went to her because my PCP was having problems controlling my diabetes due to my many allergies to medications (especially sulfa drugs). My glucose levels had been between 120 and 175 (too high, but not life threatening). The first thing she did was add a sulfa drug to my medications. Shortly after, my glucose level jumped overnight to nearly 400 ( a level that causes organ damage) and I began to react allergically to the new medication. It was stopped and I practically starved myself to lower my glucose level. It only came down to 300. She could not give me an appointment for two days. When I finally saw her, she seemed unconcerned about the high readings and did not address them. She said that I needed to trust her and to give time for the medications to work, proceeded to prescribe a new medication that, according to the diabetes literature, is not recommended for those with allergies to sulfa drugs and referred me to a dietician. I was scheduled to come back in 90 days to be checked. My glucose levels stayed at around 300 in spite of my eating practically nothing. With this stressful situation I found a new endocrinologist, who after checking my history, figured out that my high readings were due to a meter malfunction. He relied on my past documentation and took a comprehensive history. My meter levels are now normal for me. But Dr, Yousuf's insistence on Doctor "TRUST" obviously lacked PATIENT "TRUST" and did not hear what she was being told or believed my past records going back to 2002. Her lack of concern for high readings and lack of checking my records and prescribing drugs I react too caused me considerable stress and created trust issues with her.

June 5th, 2013

Not sure how she got out of medical school

This doctor didn't seem to realize that I would no longer have a period after a partial hystorectomy. I feel like I wasted an hour of my life and a $30 co pay.

September 14th, 2017