Farid Gharagozloo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 16th, 2016
TOS Robotic Surgery
My daughter had the Robotic Surgery and we cam from Arizona. I found his staff very accessible and easy to work with. The set up there is amazing as there is essentially an intensive care recovery room that the patients can stay in as long as they need. The surgery itself takes about 2 or so hours and the recovery is extremely long and painful. My daughter did not have use of her left arm and now can use it. She still has some pain and her lung (which has to be collapsed for the robot to reach the correct area) has not come back to full capacity (we are 8 months post surgery) but she is significantly better than she was. My reading on TOS is that the standard surgery was not a good option as the success rate was 50% or below. I can understand how someone who goes through this and does not get better would be upset but the overall success rate with this robotic surgery by Dr. Gharagazloo who has tremendous experience with the technique is very good. Also, my daughter had a longer recovery time and I was able to text Barbara and get answers even at about 3 am her time. They helped me deal with the airlines and made my daughter as comfortable as possible. Again, this surgery is very invasive and the recovery is very difficult but it was worth it for my daughter (who had one of the worst impingements that Dr. G had seen) and she is anatomically worse on her other side but not symptomatic so she will probably have a second surgery to relieve that situation as well.

August 5th, 2016
The team was great prior to my surgery, once they got paid it was like pulling teeth to get a follow up. Surgery failed, multiple voicemails, emails, and the like- and of course, no admission of possible surgical failure, or missed diagnosis. No one returns calls, emails are ignored.

May 20th, 2016
Avoid if you have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Dr. Gharagozloo has developed in his head a grand protocol for curing people of TOS using his minimally invasive rib resection surgery. I trusted him with my care and he wound up permanently injuring me in the process. His nurse practitioner Barbara Tempesta helped bolster Dr. Gharagozloo's story and ego while his office admin Ben Lombardo prevented me from scheduling appointments when it was clear the results were unfavorable. Dr. Gharagozloo and his team have since fled from Arizona to Celebration, FL. There are public malpractice records available via Google. I have since met other TOS sufferers via social media who were sold the same grand story about his 100% success rate and minimal risks. All were injured as a result of the surgery. If you value your personal health and well being, you should avoid this surgeon at all costs.

December 22nd, 2015
Incomplete diagnosis & Innaccessible following surgery
Following my robotic rib resection surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, I found it very difficult to get follow up appointments scheduled. The surgery didn't help my issues even though he claimed a 100% success rate. I think his theory surrounding the underlying cause of TOS is incomplete. Be warned that robotic rib resection can leave you with more problems than you start with. His office admin, Ben Lombardo, is useless. He tells you what you want to hear to get you off the phone and then never follows up. I am thoroughly disappointed in my overall post operative experience.

December 10th, 2015
Not so good
This DR may have all the diplomas and degrees in the medical field, but when it comes to being a professional human been and treat others is the worst person in the world. I guess he should go back to school and learn how to talk and treat others because he is the most disgusting and rude person I have ever known

October 28th, 2015
Achalasia
Dr.gharagozloo is amazing! He saved my life. I wasn't able to eat anythin for 10 months and had two horrible surgeries prior to meeting dr.g! I can now eat everything I never thought this would happen for me. If you have achalasia just come to dr.g there is no home remedies and lots of general surgeons have no idea what they are doing when it comes to achalasia. He can save your life to.

October 17th, 2012
Wonderful doctor-- amazing surgeon! Saved my life!

June 13th, 2012
The Best....sorry he is moving to Arizona.
I am fortunate to have seen Dr. G. in his Reston VA office. I have some difficult issues and feel Dr. G. will be able to help me. Thank goodness...and I am thankful for his expertise.

December 27th, 2010
The Whole Package
Gifted at explaining and painting a picture of the problem and proposed solution,courteous and caring without condesention,thorough,displayed confidence without bravado or hubris. I felt I was in excellent hands and would and did recieve excellent care. He and his staff are well paired and cover all bases. I would return to him without a second thought, should the need arise.

January 19th, 2010
"Words Cannot Express My Gratitude"
Below is a copy of a letter I wrote to Dr. Gharagozloo for the outstanding care he provided me."I wanted to drop you a note to express my gratitude for all that you have done for me. I am amazed at how you knew before you ever laid eyes on me and determined through your review of my medical records, what was exactly going on. All you needed to do was to evaluate my films and test results to know I had a herniated diaphragm.Words cannot express how grateful I am Dr. Josovitz referred me to you. I knew something was not right in my chest, but neither the other doctors nor I could determine the cause of my medical condition. I am so overwhelmed that you took the time to see me and cared about restoring me back to health.Tears come to my eyes as I write this letter to you. I wonder if you could ever truly understand the emotions I feel toward you for what you did for me. This has been an extremely trying time for my whole family and me; your kindness towards me was so reassuring. I knew once I was in your care, I was going to be taken care of. Barbara, the residents, the other doctors, and medical students involved in my care all showed such compassion toward me in this stressful time. Once again, I cannot tell them thank you enough.I want you to know that I pray that you will be given wisdom and knowledge in caring for your patients and a steady hand for surgery. Your years of study, training, and time away from your family to heal and care for others is a testament to your service to mankind. I am one of many that have greatly benefited from your dedication and willingness to care. What a wonderful thing you are doing in teaching young medical students and residents with a heart for medicine. The lives that will be touch will be tremendous. The legacy you will someday leave behind will be enormous for future generations. Thank you for all that you have done."

June 15th, 2009
patient
best dr staff is excellent as well as caring.