Dr. Farida Awan MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Mobile, AL

May 28th, 2014
That's a no go
The first thing I noticed about this office besides how small it is is the lack of cleanliness ** mold on the ceilings.. Or a dark dust accumulation ... Dirty floors ... Musty BO smell very prominent & Everything looked to me that if you weren't sick when you went in you would be when you left...but instead of walking right out I stuck it out to see if the Dr was worth it .... That answer is No Lol . The other reviewer was SPOT ON when she said she has set questions that she asked & cuts you off & doesn't listen ... I told her NUMEROUS times we were only there for a follow up from my daughters ear infection ( she was already diagnosed by a great Dr but bc of Medicaid stipulations we had to find another Dr) anyways yhis Dr made me late for work spent two hours talking to me about irrelevant information & problems that she has personally & with her child ... Very inconsiderate bc I told her we just needed to know if her ears were clear or if she needed a stronger antibiotic & she would NOT do so .... Plus her basket with stethoscope & light viewer thing did not look clean . Other offices have the disposable tips & put a clean one on in front of you hers was in her basket & she pulled it out without me knowing if it had been used on the last patient .... I could go on but in conclusion horrible visit ... I think her excess talking & talking over you & cutting you off is not cultural but RUDE & that she would only appeal to those who don't understand basic anatomy & how the body basically works

March 16th, 2014
Excellent Dr.
Amazing doctor, spent ample time on all my child's problems explaining in detail how to treat them.

May 11th, 2013
I have impressed with how thorough and knowledgeable she is. I wasn't satisfied with their previous doctor and have been more than satisfied so far. She has a more natural approach to medicine with nearly unmatched compassion and ethics. She is not only a wonderful doctor but, she has a humanitarian spirit as well.

April 4th, 2013
She needs to listen to her patients
Dr. Awan won't let you get a word in. She cuts you off before you can tell her your child's problem. She seems very arragant and the office was so small and dirty looking with large signs everywhere telling you to take your child's diaper in a plastic bag outside with you. Tissue paper was on the floor and she never gave me the chance to express my child's difficulties. She had set her own questions and only wanted you to answer that, then she had a nursing student in their and said to her let's make this quick, like my child didn't matter. Just horrible.

May 3rd, 2012
Excellent Review
Always courteous & professional. Well liked & respected by us. Great Doctor.

April 9th, 2012
Always have gotten undivided & excellent service for my granddaughter.

December 15th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
Spends time with the patients unlike most doctors

December 5th, 2011
LOVE MY DOCTOR!
My child had colic so bad that is was unreal without this doctor I do not know where we would be, It does take about 45 minutes to see the doctor but she takes the time with me and other patients deserve the same treatment she gives me so I dont mind waiting SHE IS WELL WORTH THE WAIT wonderful doctor :)

May 23rd, 2011
Very good doctor she takes the time to listen and examin my children with patient's and talk to us about all our doubt

March 29th, 2011
Disgusted!!!!
I am fed up and disgusted with the lack of bedside manners and the cleanliness of her and the office. They burn incense (sp?) and I have never seen any of the workers was their hands. There are not sinks in every room. There is not a well area and a sick area. I don't recall any hand sanitizer. The place is not clean AT ALL and I feel dirty when I leave there. Also, when it comes to for the actual exam of my child, they do not take the time to get acquainted with him. He is a child with ear problems and instead of trying to do like other dr's and make it fun, she just wants him to lay on the table and hold him down. He is scared when I take him in the office and doesn't like it at all! It is a painful thing to see as a mom when your 2 year old son is so scared to go to the dr. I do not have this problem with any of the other dr's he has to see! She seems to be more worried about his size than his overall health. I could go on and on! Just plain DISGUSTED!!!!

March 3rd, 2011
Mother
Before making my comments I have read the previous ones. Dr Awan is terrific! She talked to my husband and I about my baby's umbilical cord and what we need to do to it to eliminate the hernia. She talked to us about his skin blemishes and told us exactly what it was and how to treat it which was the same diagnosis a different doctor had given us in reference to our second child. As far as the diaper disposal---we have 3 children and have been exposed to the "take your dirty diaper's with you" policy at 2 other doctor offices. She is definitely not trying to be unfriendly by having this policy trust me. I believe that her scent that the others have commented on is a result of a cultural difference between America and Saudi Arabia. There are cultures out there that do not utilize perfumes and deodorants and the reasons can vary. I will say that the scent of Dr. Awan is not as bad as the other authors have made it out to be. I am sure that they have all smelled themselves at some point and have dealt with it. Hand sanitizer was present in the room, appeared to be almost half full and was used during our appointment. She has over 20 years of experience so of course she knows a wealth of information and this can no doubt stand as an authority on the subject of pediatrics. For the comment of her being a "know it all" I don't believe she feels this way about herself although I do believe she has earned her rights. I would suggest to understand that cultural differences; communication being one of them can lead to big misunderstandings. My advice would be to try harder to understand before throwing her under the bus. She is an excellent Doctor no doubt about that!

February 2nd, 2011
I started using Dr. Awan after several doctors were rude and useless. She has really put effort into finding out what is going on with my 2 children. Shes not overly friendly and is hard to understand but puts every effort into testing and keeping my kids healthy.