Overall Review

May 8th, 2013
Good with Tumors, not with Humans
Although she appears qualified in treating tumors, she had little interest in my father's quality of life or general wellbeing. He ended up admitted to ER twice due to side affects of treatment. Her response: "it's amazing what the human body can endure". One main issue was severe dehydration. We had to suggest to her that they simply check on him and give him an IV of fluids if he's dehydrated. With the amount of fluids the ER had to give him, you would think that would be a no-brainer. Just no interest in how he was doing. Always interested in how the tumor was. Never checking on how HE was.

April 25th, 2013
I like her easy and friendly manner and she is quite knowledgeable about the best practices in treating cancer.

June 17th, 2012
Although I think Dr. Khan did her best in treating my cancer, and certainly followed the protocol for treatment of stage 1 cancer, she did not seem to be concerned or aware of the true cost in terms of quality of life, and was dismissive of my questions regarding permanent "side" effects of chemotherapy. The result for me is that I have traded my quality of life for a slight reduction in risk recurrence, a trade I would not have made had I been fully informed. Although Dr. Khan knew I wished to avoid medical menopause, and she knew that this was an expected outcome of chemotherapy, she failed to inform me of this prior to treatment despite my questioning her on possible permanent side effects from chemotherapy.I believe that she thought the risk reduction was worth the cost - but that was my choice to make. For me, choosing chemotherapy was an utter and grave mistake - my quality of life has suffered immensely for a slight risk reduction.