A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Faruq Ahmed, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmed graduated from Mymensingh Medical College.More Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmed has 11 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- Medical Center of Ocean Cnty-Brick Township
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahmed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Faruq Ahmed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Faruq Ahmed practice?
Dr. Faruq Ahmed practices Internal Medicine and Hospitalist near Huntington, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Hackettstown, NJ and Salem, NJ.
See Huntington Internists.