Dr. Farzad Massoudi MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 17th, 2017
Outstanding Surgeon
I went to Dr Massoudi with debilitating back pain and he performed a spinal fusion. It has been approximately 18'months and things have gone better than expected. He is an extremely skilled surgeon as well as a compassionate human being. You may have to wait a bit for your procedure because his services are in such high demand but I assure you that he is well worth waiting for.

June 11th, 2017
Successful back surgery
I am very satisfied with my back surgery performed by Dr. Massoudi. For a year I've been in constant pain, now just two weeks after the procedure I'm already feeling relief.

April 11th, 2017
the surgery was very well done. minimal scar after surgery.

January 27th, 2017
Excellent doctor in every way!
I was in tremendous pain for 5 years. Dr. Massoudi disgnosed the problem, performed the surgery, and I am like a new person. I am very grateful.

January 16th, 2017
The BEST surgeon you could ash for!!!!
My husband and myself have both had spinal surgery and Are pain free years after our surgeries. We are so happy With our results and would ask him for help if the occasion Arose. He's more than a doctor when you see him. He becomes your friend!!!!!

December 21st, 2016
He is very professional, respectful and caring.
he is great person, doctor and makes you feel in good hands. Well you are in good hands.

November 25th, 2016
Dr. Massoudi operated on my back and because of his expertise, I can walk better now. Thank you so much Dr. Massoudi!

November 18th, 2016
Doctor Massoudi recently performed an ALIF procedure on me, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Literally, a life-changing procedure! I am 6 months into the recovery and am happy to be regaining my pre-injury activity and strength. Thanks, Dr. Massoudi, Shelly, and staff!

November 12th, 2016
Excellent surgeon. He restored a substantial amount of my mobility and significantly reduced my pain, and even eliminated my nerve-related bladder and bowel incontinence.

October 7th, 2016
Fantastic experience. Wonderful staff and amazing recovery. Highly recommend.

September 22nd, 2016
Homemaker

September 11th, 2016
The Rewards for selecting The Best Neurosurgeon!
“First Rule of the Spine Club”: Select a highly skilled Neurosurgeon! That’s what I did, and 4 months into recuperation from Dr Massoudi performing a 2 level Lumbar Fusion surgery (L3-4-5), I am reaping the rewards of his exceptional expertise already. I am 70 years old with a lifetime of exercising and jogging religiously; this was an old auto accident injury that I’ve been nurturing for 28 years with PT home exercises 5 X weekly and then eventually anti-inflammatory medication (which is not good for the body and its organs). Herniated discs, stenosis and age-related deterioration eventually began to interfere with life’s activities, and this is what prompted me to finally seek the serious help I realized I needed. Working in the medical world for many years, I knew about the importance of selecting a surgeon (For spine surgery: ONLY a neurosurgeon), and I began to seek opinions of those who had gone through “successful” spine surgery. Successful is the operative word. I found that Dr Massoudi is a superstar in the brain and spine surgery world; everybody including physicians I spoke to said “if it were MY spine, this is the THE doctor I would want operating on me”. He is the Medical Director of the Neuroscience and Spine Institute at Mission Hospital with other offices; I saw him in Laguna Hills. From my consultation appointment to review my MRI and discuss my personal spinal condition and the goals for my surgery, and with the excellent help of his very organized right-hand assistant Shelley who facilitates every step of the process, I felt very informed, very included, and very optimistic that my case would indeed be successful. Successful back surgery IS Dr Massoudi’s goal. And while I’m only 4 months post-operative, I am already grateful for the major progress that I’ve felt. Physical Therapy (with subsequent home exercises) and following the doctor’s orders have created a strong foundation upon which I am building each day. Spine surgery IS a process that the patient must participate in for optimum results. Already I can walk increasingly greater distances without pain, I can lie on my back stick-straight-flat on a bed or hard surface and NOT feel any ache or pain in my lower back (not possible before), I can lean over a sink to use the WaterPik for a long time without having that strong back ache, et al. It's a new world: the hardware is working!! Each month seems to bring a new level of pain relief, and therefore more ability to do the things I have wanted to do in retirement. Hoorah!! It’s hard to put into words the gratitude I have for Dr Massoudi that he selected me for “fixing”. I see an active and happy retirement ahead of me so that my husband and I can enjoy together those things we’ve worked so hard to do. Without this highly skilled surgery, that would not have been the case. Thank you Dr Massoudi for giving me ‘back’ my life. 