Dr. Farzad Massoudi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

November 25th, 2016
Dr. Massoudi operated on my back and because of his expertise, I can walk better now. Thank you so much Dr. Massoudi!

November 25th, 2016
Dr Farzad Massoudi is an Angel doing God's work !!
I just had L5 / S1 Spinal Fusion Surgery on 11/8/16 at Mission Hospital, Mission Viejo, CA. In the newly developed Spinal Care Center. Dr Massoudi serves on the Board of Directors as the Director of the entire "Spinal Care Center" and all of the other surgeons and staff. This spinal center is truly a state of the art facility. Dr Massoudi also serves as the Director on the board of The Orange County Neurosurgeon Association. He has successfully done over 400 surgeries, helping patients with surgeries. He specializes in Brain and Spinal Surgeries. He knows what he is talking about. His bedside manner is Fantastic. He is very patient and will take as much time as you need answering all of your questions. I visited 3 other surgeons over a 3 1/2 year period, who all told me that they could do my surgery with an 8" scar on my back and a 4" scar on my stomach. The other surgeons seemed like they were just in it for the money. Dr Massoudi successfully did my surgery through my stomach only (this is minimally invasive surgery), leaving me with a 4" scar. Dr Massoudi is full of passion about what he does and it shows, you can feel it. Every thing that he told me before surgery has come true. He said I would be able to stand after surgery,...I stood 8 hours after surgery with nurses assistance. I was walking with a walker on day 2. On day 3 I walked 150 steps. At 1 week I was taking my own showers standing by myself. At 2 weeks I was completely taking care of myself, getting fully dressed and putting on my shoes. At 2 weeks I am able to walk without a walker or a cane around 2 city blocks and climb stairs. His surgical coordinator Shelly is on top of everything and extremely nice and professional, as well as the rest of the office staff. Trust me I know how much fear you go through in choosing the right surgeon, and I am here to share my experience with you because this is my way of giving back to others. I do not know Dr Massoudi or any of his staff on a personal level. I am not paid for my comments. They are all true and If this helps anyone, then the Lord knows that I done my job of serving him through helping others. Research everything I've spoken of and even call Shelly and let her know that you would like to speak w/ me and I'd be happy and honored to call you back !! Sincerely and Gratefully, Bernie Valenzuela

November 18th, 2016
Doctor Massoudi recently performed an ALIF procedure on me, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Literally, a life-changing procedure! I am 6 months into the recovery and am happy to be regaining my pre-injury activity and strength. Thanks, Dr. Massoudi, Shelly, and staff!

November 12th, 2016
Excellent surgeon. He restored a substantial amount of my mobility and significantly reduced my pain, and even eliminated my nerve-related bladder and bowel incontinence.

October 7th, 2016
Fantastic experience. Wonderful staff and amazing recovery. Highly recommend.

September 11th, 2016
The Rewards for selecting The Best Neurosurgeon!
“First Rule of the Spine Club”: Select a highly skilled Neurosurgeon! That’s what I did, and 4 months into recuperation from Dr Massoudi performing a 2 level Lumbar Fusion surgery (L3-4-5), I am reaping the rewards of his exceptional expertise already. I am 70 years old with a lifetime of exercising and jogging religiously; this was an old auto accident injury that I’ve been nurturing for 28 years with PT home exercises 5 X weekly and then eventually anti-inflammatory medication (which is not good for the body and its organs). Herniated discs, stenosis and age-related deterioration eventually began to interfere with life’s activities, and this is what prompted me to finally seek the serious help I realized I needed. Working in the medical world for many years, I knew about the importance of selecting a surgeon (For spine surgery: ONLY a neurosurgeon), and I began to seek opinions of those who had gone through “successful” spine surgery. Successful is the operative word. I found that Dr Massoudi is a superstar in the brain and spine surgery world; everybody including physicians I spoke to said “if it were MY spine, this is the THE doctor I would want operating on me”. He is the Medical Director of the Neuroscience and Spine Institute at Mission Hospital with other offices; I saw him in Laguna Hills. From my consultation appointment to review my MRI and discuss my personal spinal condition and the goals for my surgery, and with the excellent help of his very organized right-hand assistant Shelley who facilitates every step of the process, I felt very informed, very included, and very optimistic that my case would indeed be successful. Successful back surgery IS Dr Massoudi’s goal. And while I’m only 4 months post-operative, I am already grateful for the major progress that I’ve felt. Physical Therapy (with subsequent home exercises) and following the doctor’s orders have created a strong foundation upon which I am building each day. Spine surgery IS a process that the patient must participate in for optimum results. Already I can walk increasingly greater distances without pain, I can lie on my back stick-straight-flat on a bed or hard surface and NOT feel any ache or pain in my lower back (not possible before), I can lean over a sink to use the WaterPik for a long time without having that strong back ache, et al. It's a new world: the hardware is working!! Each month seems to bring a new level of pain relief, and therefore more ability to do the things I have wanted to do in retirement. Hoorah!! It’s hard to put into words the gratitude I have for Dr Massoudi that he selected me for “fixing”. I see an active and happy retirement ahead of me so that my husband and I can enjoy together those things we’ve worked so hard to do. Without this highly skilled surgery, that would not have been the case. Thank you Dr Massoudi for giving me ‘back’ my life. 

July 30th, 2016
Highly skilled surgeon.
I was diagnosed at the end of 2015 with Severe Spinal Stenosis. My neck and lower back brought terrible, intense and chronic pain. Dr. Massoudi provided a consultation and we scheduled the surgery I knew was inevitable. His schedule is full, as you would expect of a highly valued surgeon, so I had to give 4 stars on the "ease of appointment" line. Waiting for an appointment is worth having access to Dr. Massoudi's skill. I was pain free at recovery from the neck surgery. Two months later, my lower back surgery eliminated that pain. Dr. M visited me in the hospital daily. He has a smile and a great bedside manner, answering any questions I have. His "A Team" in surgery is professional and highly competent. His office staff is well organized and friendly. Have you met Shelley? I am pain free and I owe it all to Dr. Massoudi. If there were 6 stars, I would have made that choice.

July 29th, 2016
Never easy to have the Neck Surgery performed on me Dr. Massoudi always is honest & also let me know that the follow up Physical Therapy would be crucial to my recovery.

July 21st, 2016
The Man that made me walk!
Dr. Massoudi has changer my life. I can't believe what a difference he has made . I could barely walk and could only stand for a few minutes, now I know I can walk five miles because I've done it and I can stand until my feet hurt. My recovery time wasn't worth mentioning it was so short . I mean from the time of surgery till I could walk. I was walking the next day not very fast mind you but walking.My legs have not become numb since my surgery and I can stand up straight . I wonder why I didn't do this sooner.He has the best bedside manor of any Doctor I have ever had, he listens and answers question until you are done. I don't see how you could go wrong with this talented surgeon, I am living proof of his skills. I only wish I could add another star to show how I feel.

June 10th, 2016
Outstanding Doctor!
My entire experience with Dr. Massoudi could not have gone any better. After reviewing my MRI he recommended surgery to remove two severally swollen discs in my neck, which were pinching a nerve that ran down my arm and causing me extreme pain. The surgery went perfectly well and I was pain free from the time I left the hospital the next day. I was back to work full time a week after the surgery and have felt great ever since! I would recommend Dr. Massoudi to anyone in need of an excellent, kind and thoroughly competent Neurosurgeon!

June 8th, 2016
This neurosurgeon IS THE BEST!
First of all it took forever to get an initial appointment. Obviously this told me he's sought after. He is VERY busy. He doesn't take a lot of time with you. To be fair I went to see him without a referral ! At first I was a little set back and felt as though I should maybe pursue another surgeon. I did a lot of research, second opinions and testing. At one point one of my neighbors had told me she left him and got a different surgeon because of his huge ego. Huge ego? I thought: on the contrary, I'm not looking for a friend, I'm looking for a professional, super surgeon and that's what I got. After all we're only going in through the front of the throat and working around the spine, vertebrae, nerves, muscle, tendons and other little insignificant things like that. (a little sarcasm there!) What with high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, COPD and an array of other medical conditions I was not the best candidate for this surgery. Very risky! Dr. Massoudi's office worked with me and guided me through the process of bringing everything in order. Surgery was cancelled 3 times before achieved. I'm very thankful for their persistence in accomplishing our goals together. I found that he has earned total respect and high regard from all his peers. My Cardiologist, my Pulmonary Specialist, my Orthopedic Specialist, my General Practitioner, and an array of other Neurosurgeons had nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Massoudi. Very impressive! I can tell you I was looking to feel 50% better...That was achieved as early as being in the recovery room. AMAZING! Here I am 41 days after surgery...I've followed ALL his recommendations to the "T". I claim 75% now and he's telling me there is more to come within the next 6 months and I have NO reason to doubt him. I've been working with him now a little over 5 months. He's a lot more personable now than I could have imagined. I consider him a friend! His staff has been very nice and helpful through this whole ordeal. I would recommend him to friends and family. I think he's a miracle man! "THANKS DOC!" and THANK YOU LORD! I would without a doubt choose Dr. Massoudi again!

May 18th, 2016
Great experience .. even though I had to have surgery.
I went to Dr. Massoudi with a herniated disc in my back. He diagnosed me immediately and let me know that I needed surgery. He discussed it with my husband and I and helped us feel comfortable. His staff (Shelly) took care of making my appointment ASAP (within in just a few days) so I didn't have to wait in more pain. At the hospital he was kind, discussed the procedure with me and had a terrific team working with him. He did an amazing job and 2 months after surgery I feel as good as new. My office visits have been quick and easy. I would highly recommend both Dr. Massoudi and his entire staff!