Dr. Farzad Massoudi MD Patient Reviews

4.7

January 27th, 2017
Excellent doctor in every way!
I was in tremendous pain for 5 years. Dr. Massoudi disgnosed the problem, performed the surgery, and I am like a new person. I am very grateful.

January 15th, 2017
The BEST surgeon you could ash for!!!!
My husband and myself have both had spinal surgery and Are pain free years after our surgeries. We are so happy With our results and would ask him for help if the occasion Arose. He's more than a doctor when you see him. He becomes your friend!!!!!

December 21st, 2016
He is very professional, respectful and caring.
he is great person, doctor and makes you feel in good hands. Well you are in good hands.

November 25th, 2016
Dr. Massoudi operated on my back and because of his expertise, I can walk better now. Thank you so much Dr. Massoudi!

November 18th, 2016
Doctor Massoudi recently performed an ALIF procedure on me, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Literally, a life-changing procedure! I am 6 months into the recovery and am happy to be regaining my pre-injury activity and strength. Thanks, Dr. Massoudi, Shelly, and staff!

November 12th, 2016
Excellent surgeon. He restored a substantial amount of my mobility and significantly reduced my pain, and even eliminated my nerve-related bladder and bowel incontinence.

October 7th, 2016
Fantastic experience. Wonderful staff and amazing recovery. Highly recommend.

September 11th, 2016
The Rewards for selecting The Best Neurosurgeon!
“First Rule of the Spine Club”: Select a highly skilled Neurosurgeon! That’s what I did, and 4 months into recuperation from Dr Massoudi performing a 2 level Lumbar Fusion surgery (L3-4-5), I am reaping the rewards of his exceptional expertise already. I am 70 years old with a lifetime of exercising and jogging religiously; this was an old auto accident injury that I’ve been nurturing for 28 years with PT home exercises 5 X weekly and then eventually anti-inflammatory medication (which is not good for the body and its organs). Herniated discs, stenosis and age-related deterioration eventually began to interfere with life’s activities, and this is what prompted me to finally seek the serious help I realized I needed. Working in the medical world for many years, I knew about the importance of selecting a surgeon (For spine surgery: ONLY a neurosurgeon), and I began to seek opinions of those who had gone through “successful” spine surgery. Successful is the operative word. I found that Dr Massoudi is a superstar in the brain and spine surgery world; everybody including physicians I spoke to said “if it were MY spine, this is the THE doctor I would want operating on me”. He is the Medical Director of the Neuroscience and Spine Institute at Mission Hospital with other offices; I saw him in Laguna Hills. From my consultation appointment to review my MRI and discuss my personal spinal condition and the goals for my surgery, and with the excellent help of his very organized right-hand assistant Shelley who facilitates every step of the process, I felt very informed, very included, and very optimistic that my case would indeed be successful. Successful back surgery IS Dr Massoudi’s goal. And while I’m only 4 months post-operative, I am already grateful for the major progress that I’ve felt. Physical Therapy (with subsequent home exercises) and following the doctor’s orders have created a strong foundation upon which I am building each day. Spine surgery IS a process that the patient must participate in for optimum results. Already I can walk increasingly greater distances without pain, I can lie on my back stick-straight-flat on a bed or hard surface and NOT feel any ache or pain in my lower back (not possible before), I can lean over a sink to use the WaterPik for a long time without having that strong back ache, et al. It's a new world: the hardware is working!! Each month seems to bring a new level of pain relief, and therefore more ability to do the things I have wanted to do in retirement. Hoorah!! It’s hard to put into words the gratitude I have for Dr Massoudi that he selected me for “fixing”. I see an active and happy retirement ahead of me so that my husband and I can enjoy together those things we’ve worked so hard to do. Without this highly skilled surgery, that would not have been the case. Thank you Dr Massoudi for giving me ‘back’ my life. 

July 30th, 2016
Highly skilled surgeon.
I was diagnosed at the end of 2015 with Severe Spinal Stenosis. My neck and lower back brought terrible, intense and chronic pain. Dr. Massoudi provided a consultation and we scheduled the surgery I knew was inevitable. His schedule is full, as you would expect of a highly valued surgeon, so I had to give 4 stars on the "ease of appointment" line. Waiting for an appointment is worth having access to Dr. Massoudi's skill. I was pain free at recovery from the neck surgery. Two months later, my lower back surgery eliminated that pain. Dr. M visited me in the hospital daily. He has a smile and a great bedside manner, answering any questions I have. His "A Team" in surgery is professional and highly competent. His office staff is well organized and friendly. Have you met Shelley? I am pain free and I owe it all to Dr. Massoudi. If there were 6 stars, I would have made that choice.

July 29th, 2016
Never easy to have the Neck Surgery performed on me Dr. Massoudi always is honest & also let me know that the follow up Physical Therapy would be crucial to my recovery.

July 21st, 2016
The Man that made me walk!
Dr. Massoudi has changer my life. I can't believe what a difference he has made . I could barely walk and could only stand for a few minutes, now I know I can walk five miles because I've done it and I can stand until my feet hurt. My recovery time wasn't worth mentioning it was so short . I mean from the time of surgery till I could walk. I was walking the next day not very fast mind you but walking.My legs have not become numb since my surgery and I can stand up straight . I wonder why I didn't do this sooner.He has the best bedside manor of any Doctor I have ever had, he listens and answers question until you are done. I don't see how you could go wrong with this talented surgeon, I am living proof of his skills. I only wish I could add another star to show how I feel.

June 10th, 2016
Outstanding Doctor!
My entire experience with Dr. Massoudi could not have gone any better. After reviewing my MRI he recommended surgery to remove two severally swollen discs in my neck, which were pinching a nerve that ran down my arm and causing me extreme pain. The surgery went perfectly well and I was pain free from the time I left the hospital the next day. I was back to work full time a week after the surgery and have felt great ever since! I would recommend Dr. Massoudi to anyone in need of an excellent, kind and thoroughly competent Neurosurgeon!