Dr. Faye Lang MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 16th, 2015
Will never go back
After being a loyal patient of Dr. Langs for almost ten years, I will not go back. The past two appointments I have left in tears due to her, what I would feel most adequately described as "fat shaming". After telling the DR I know I have a weight issue and have gained weight, she then went on for an hour asking me non-stop about it. I fully adhere that it is her responsibility to let me know when there is an issue, but you address it and move on, not play twenty questions which were inappropriate. Such as, is your husband obese and has he said anything about my weight. Completely unprofessional and uncalled for. I even discussed my concern with her nurse, who agreed she goes overboard when talking about weight with patients. She even had to let me know that her DR has self control and one day ate too many cookies so passed on heavy foods at dinner. I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with my health and only made me feel like crap. It is one thing if she offered nutritional advice too, like where I am on the BMI chart or how many calories I should eat a day, but nothing was offered. Good Luck!

December 7th, 2011
Would not Recommend.
I have been to this doctor's office twice since living in the area. The first time there were only physician's assistants available to see me. The second visit was for my annual check-up. The experience was more than uncomfortable, it was painful. I have been told by other doctors and patients that, while not the highlight of the year, these appointments should not be painful unless there is something physically wrong with the patient or the procedures are preformed wrong and/or hastily. In more than one portion of the exam I experienced extreme discomfort. After this visit I decided I would not be using this office again. Unfortunately that is not where the frustration ended. Just like my first visit it was an absolute bear trying to figure out payments. After paying in full I received multiple notices that I owed $20 more dollars. After several calls where I was placed on hold for upwards of 15 minutes I was told, "Disregard the notice, you are paid.". Unfortunately an identical notice was received again...and again. HEADACHE! So it should have come as no surprise when I walked up to the pharmacy to renew my birth control prescription for the 12th and final month and it was not available. The prescription had been written for 11 months. As frustrating as this was, I was not surprised. I called the number listed online as the doctor's office which was really the number to Christ Hospital who handles the financial aspect of their office. I was told to ask my pharmacy to fax the office and request a 12th month. My pharmacy has faxed the office twice, to no avail. I spoke with the Christ Hospital individual again today who communicated that the Doctor was not in the office today but would address my request to renew my birth control (which she had never heard of) tomorrow. Needless to say, I will not be revisiting Dr. Lang's office.

December 13th, 2016