Dr. Fayette Mcelhannon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

no change

November 21st, 2016
KARMA
PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF GOD DO NOT LET THIS GUY NEAR YOU WITH A SCALPEL, THE GOOD REVIEWS HERE ARE FROM PATIENT'S THAT LOVE TO BE OPERATED ON AND ARE WILLING TO GO THROUGH KANE TO GET IT. THE BEST I CAN SAY KARMA'S A BI1CH HUH OLD MAN...HEARD ABOUT YOUR LOSE, SU@KS HUH.

October 1st, 2015
Knee replacement
In 2012 he did a total knee replacement, and put the wrong size in. After weeks of therapy with no results i was told by another Dr. That it would never bend because it was to big. So i had to have it replaced again by another dr. With the right size. He is rude and very unprofessional person and I would not recommend him to anyone.

June 19th, 2015
Avoid this hateful Doctor
I went to this man to find out what was wrong with my shoulder. He was very rude and asked unnecessary questions.. He asked how at 51 I can be so lean and in shape. He asked me if I was taking enhancement drugs, as if that was my reason for not being over weight with sagging weak muscles. (Jealous I guess). Didn't spend much time with me but was very hateful and when he left the room he said," Go, Go do whatever it is your going to do." Do not go to this doctor. The only reason he got 1 star is because I could not submit the review without it.

April 18th, 2015
He has poor bedside manner with both patient and family. I would NOT recommend him for treatment because he shows no compassion and has an attitude.

April 13th, 2015
Doctor Mack was great. He's very direct and an excellent surgeon. He might seem brusque, but I don't want my doctor to be ambivalent. Plus, he's funny, well-informed and experienced.

August 21st, 2013
WORST DOCTOR EVER
This Doctor is very unpleasant, unhappy, and judgmental. When you walk into the office it is just a miserable place to be. He almost gives you the impression that he is "secretly" practicing, another words, he should have retired a long time ago. He is bitter and condescending. He does NOT enjoy his work, he should have never became a Doctor. If you value your health and your recovery, do not go to this man. And if you don't believe me, schedule an appointment with him today and see for yourself, then you will be writing a review. The only reason I gave him the one star is because the website makes me at least give him that but, he doesn't deserve it.

September 21st, 2012
...And Wrong!
To add insult to injury (literally) he did in fact misdiagnose me!Pro-tip: You don't see ligament damage on X-rays, you need an MRI.

September 7th, 2012
great
love this doctor

March 26th, 2012
Rude and Condescending, Doesn't Listen
I have to repeat what others have said about this doctor being rude. I don't need "fluff" from my doctors but I do need them to listen to me. He ignored me I explained which joint I had pain in (he insisted I had pain in both), flat out called me a liar about losing weight, and practically ran out the room as I was trying to ask follow-up questions.Regarding my ratings:This was a referral; I don't know how hard it is to get an appointment on your own.My wait was 30 minutes past the start time but I wasn't waiting long once I got in a room.Time will tell if the diagnosis was accurate.He doesn't intend to follow up with this so...meh.

March 20th, 2012
Excellent, no nonsense doctor!
I suffered with severe pain in my lower back and legs with muscle twitching in both legs. I spent over a year going to Emory Clinic as they ruled out neurological disorders. Doctor McElhannon informed me on the second visit that I had Congenital Lumbar Spinal Stenosis that required surgery to try to correct. He was very honest with me, stating that surgery had about a 70% success rate. He did not push me to have surgery, stating it was a "life changing" decision I must make based on the information provided. I have had 2 surgeries to try to correct the problem, but unfortunately I still suffer from pain in my left leg and low back. Doctor McElhannon is an excellent surgeon who was totally honest and extremely helpful in my recovery. If you need an excellent ortho surgeon who will be totally honest with you about your care, Dr McElhannon is your doctor. He will tell you straight up what needs to be done, even strongly suggesting getting a second opinion when surgery is recommended. I highly recommend!

May 6th, 2011
no bedside manner. rude,arrogant, did not investigate, the problem and did not help me. wanted to do surgery very disapointed and wasted my time and money.will have to get a second opinion

October 10th, 2010
NO BEDSIDE MANNER!!!!
This man is on the verge of being vicious. He is very rude and very very cold. We had to redo the surgery because he did'nt get it right.