Dr. Fayez Chahfe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Fayez Chahfe?

September 2nd, 2016

saved my life

16 years ago this Doctor operated on me for throat cancer. After chemo and radiation. I am cancer free. In 2015 I had to go back to the hospital the radiation had caused the area separating my lungs from my stomach developed fissures causing aspiration of anything I swallowed after trying many procedures he was able to correct the problem. So that was twice he saved me.

July 11th, 2016

Your worst nightmare

June 5th, 2015

patient

horrible bedside manner, per se, in that he tells you nothing. Sniff this. What? Sniff this. I gagged, choked and sneezed. He handed me a tissue and went out the room. He could have told me he was anesthetizing my throat so he could look at my vocal cords. Im not a child. He tells you nothing, just does it. I knew the lesion on my uvula was big. He said, no problem, in and out, iv sedation, can go to work the next day. It took the whole uvula, stating he needed to increase the margins so it did not return. Duh. They did general endotracheal anesthesia, without even telling me! I told them I had neck problems and was so sore from the positioning, I could barely move the next day. His staff treated me like I was a bother, there is no communication, courtesy, etc., AND the preop instructions were so rude, misspelled words (amblatory), capitalization, wording (highighted and capitalized) IF YOU DO NOT KEEP YOUR PREOP ANESTHESIOLOGY APPOINTMENT, YOUR SURGERY COULD BE CANCELED. Really? the whole page highlighted and declared. I felt devalued. Suggestion: To ensure you surgery goes as planned, please follow these instructions, and if unable to for any reason, call this number to report the problem. I mean, people, I came to you for help, dont treat me like cattle lined up for slaughter! and Doc, inform your patients on what to expect. I dont want a narcotic, why wouldn't you asked me? and suggest something else. Im done.

October 30th, 2013

terrible doctor

I do not understand why this man is still in practice. He horribly misdiagnosed my mother causing her months and months of agony and dizziness. When I tried to get an appointment with a different ENT in the city of Utica, I was told by EVERY other ENT I called they would not see my mother if she had been to this man. I had to leave the city and take her to another ENT in another city. He is only intersted in how much money he can get from you. And I am still waiting for a call back --- I won't hold my breath,

September 26th, 2012

Probably knowledgeable, but terrible service

He's seemingly highly trained/educated and involved with his profession on a national scale (associations, etc.) However, unless you're a serious/cancer patient, etc. (not that we have experience with this severity, but I hope the service is better for them) you're seemingly a statistic/bill payer from the time you walk in. You'll typically wait 1 hour avg and then spend less than 4 minutes with the Dr himself. He'll walk in, look at you, talk for a minute & then you're done. Come back in 6 weeks. A week after seeing Chahfe for 3 mins (we timed it) & hearing everything's fine, we took our daughter to another ENT somewhat in the area and everything was not fine at all. Far more thorough- they took weights, measurements, etc. (Chahfe's had never done that - how do they even know the right anti-biotic script?)

February 10th, 2010

Up coming surgery

To receive a call from the staff about an upcoming surgery has been 3 days now and no call back to me. The Doctor is EXCELLENT but to schedule anything takes an excessive amount of time and the answering machine tells us that our call will be returned...but they are not returned in over 3 days now!

June 20th, 2017