Dr. Fayyaz Ahmad MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

December 31st, 2016
Abrupt, Unprofessional & Damaging
Today was my first…and last time I saw Dr. Ahmud. I’d talked to my PCP about wanting to decrease or end using alprazolam, which I’ve taken for anxiety, telling him I was going to choose a specialist, because I have a seizure disorder (diagnosed by a neurologist, whom I’ve seen for about a decade), and I knew that just stopping it suddenly, or too quickly, could cause seizures. Dr. Ahmed didn’t even look at me, during the five minutes I saw him. (Looked at my watch at the beginning and at the end of the session…a very short time for an initial consultation/evaluation) Instead, he looked at his computer screen only. “Your doctor wouldn’t have referred you here if you weren’t an addict.” Stunned, I reminded him what I’d said when I first sat down. “I referred myself, telling him he needn’t prescribe any more anti-anxiety drugs because you’d be doing that. What addict does that?! You don’t have any referral paperwork. He didn’t even know who I’d be seeing.” “All addicts say they’re not addicts.” “What do non-addicts say?” Without saying a word, he then said, still staring at the computer, “I see you’ve used a lot of different pharmacies.” “This summer?” “Yes.” “For almost three months I was on an 8800 mile road trip. Of course I needed to use different pharmacies.” “You’re getting mail order meds for three month supplies.” Now I was upset, very upset. “I haven’t used mail order meds since my husband died in 2008!” He ignored me, still avoiding eye contact, unaffected, judging me. “Call my doctor!” I suggested. “He’ll tell you it was MY idea to decrease my anti-anxiety meds. And I’LL call my insurance, find out why there’s anything about mail order meds, since I told them I didn’t want mail order meds, putting it in writing. I’ll bring it to you.” By now, I was crying. Feeling shame for something I hadn’t done. He stopped to tell me that he’d help me safely get off my medication by hospitalizing me, “detoxing” me, locking me up. “No,” I told him. So, he walked back to his office, his back to me. “YOU DON”T EVEN KNOW ME!” I told him. He looked at me for just a second, the first time he’d taken the time to even glance in my direction. Without any reaction, he went into his office and shut the door. When I left, I was bawling, feeling embarrassed (as he didn’t care if he publically shamed me), angry and, frankly, shocked. I’d worked in a psychiatric setting, as a therapist, for thirteen years, and I’d never been exposed to/observed such disrespectful, unprofessional, inappropriate behavior. ESPECIALLY for an evaluation that he’s going to be paid a lot of money for. When I left, crying, I stayed by my car for a while, not wanting to drive when I was upset. A couple left the building, where Dr. Ahmed worked, clearly angry. They looked in my direction and their faces softened. They approached me and she asked gently, “Are you okay?” “Thanks for asking. No, not really.” She shared, “He’s not compassionate AT ALL! I’m on social security and am willing to pay out of pocket for REAL care!” He nodded. “I’ve been to a psychiatrist before…and the first time I see him, at the very least, he should spend more than five minutes with me!” I didn’t know if that made me feel better or worse, thanking them for their compassion and wishing them the best. I was grateful for their kindness. Sad and angrier that he’s like that with other patients. Please, do NOT see this man for help. Instead of helping you, instead of evaluating what is the truth, instead of helping…he’ll hurt you, do damage. I understand the pressure doctors are under these days, due to all those who do take too many medications and all those who over-prescribe. I get it. But I was there to DECREASE medication use, wanting to do so safely! AND I had PROOF of the computer being WRONG, begging him to call my doctor. So, if you want to be ignored, treated like garbage, overcharged and then locked up. He’s the doctor for you. Otherwise, please, find someone else.